What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

shiznit

Coach
So................

Wouldn't Pat have gone to another team if he had a problem with the organisation and still wanted to play, he's one of the few NFL players who have a brain and cares more about the future than the now. ILB should still be a solid position for the team.

Most teams have more holes than the 49ers.
Are you serious??

Talk about head in the sand...

one tree hill

Juniors
I never said San Fran will win the Super Bowl next year, I just said I think they'll remain competitive. I'm sorry for not predicting a 0-16 season.

Even if they do struggle to win any games next season at least we'll have the memory of 2011-2014 and those earlier years quite a while before that.

one tree hill

Juniors
The offense should be better next season. Kaep should improve, Torrey Smith will help that, VD can't be any worse than he was and Gore will be 32 before next season and has had too many unproductive games in the past few seasons, hopefully Hyde produces and losing Iupati doesn't really bother me, he hurt the team too much on passing downs.

The D should still be solid but have to get some help at corner.

Have to remember the team had a lot of injuries last season and Greg Roman is gone so the play calling on offense should instantly be better.

shiznit

Coach
Dude.... I listen to 4 podcasts every day which are Bay Area radio shows...

So I hear just as much about the 49ers problems as I do about the Raiders issues.

You can rejoice as much as you like that you rid yourself of Greg Roman... But who did you replace him with?? Some Jeep guy that no one had even heard of...

And to make matters worse... You passed up Vic Fangio for Mike Tomsula(once again... Another guy the majority of NFL analysts had never heard of before) as Head Coach and now you have Eric Mangini as your defensive Co-ordinator.

And Kaep is terrible... No one apart from those idiots Yorke and Baalke believes in the guy anymore... And even those 2 are probably doubtful seeing as there's rumours going around he was on the trading block.

It's hilarious that you think Torrey smith will fix him.... Until he learns to stay in the pocket he will continue to trend downward.

And that's not even getting in to the personnel exodus...

Your not as far down as we are.... But your heading downward...

Last edited:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Kap isn't as bad you make out, you play to his strengths, last season they didn't. It would be like asking Wilson or Vick to stay in the Pocket, it just doesn't work, The team isn't bad, it's the Division that they play in that will kill them, if they played in the South they walk go 10-6 at the very least.

shiznit

Coach
Kap isn't as bad you make out, you play to his strengths, last season they didn't. It would be like asking Wilson or Vick to stay in the Pocket, it just doesn't work, The team isn't bad, it's the Division that they play in that will kill them, if they played in the South they walk go 10-6 at the very least.
I'm going off what 49ers fans are saying... They think he's terrible.

The experts are saying that teams have figured him out now... They trap him in the pocket by either using spy packages or just plain old outside pressure...

When he's forced to throw from the pocket he's inaccurate.

Now they lose probably there best run blocking lineman... So I don't know how well the read option will work there...

That's what makes Russell Wilson so great... Teams use all sorts of methods to try and force him to stay in the pocket... But they have Lynch there who allows them to play that read option effectively which keeps teams from using all the defensive packages and set ups they use on Kaep...

Last edited:

one tree hill

Juniors
Not all 49er fans, if he's bad again next season they'll get rid of him and move on, not the end of the world.

Pretty much said defenses don't respect Gore anymore so letting him go was obviously the correct decision, every team has personnel changes.

I hope the Raiders improve, they're pretty much my 2nd team, like the Chargers also, weird I know.

Last edited:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
The Niners have Hyde who is a stud, never listen to fans, Half the Pats fans thougjt brady was done, and should have been replaced by Jimmy G after the Chiefs game last year. How did that work out for them?

Last edited:

one tree hill

Juniors
It's hard to have confidence in Kaep after last season, but the same can be said for most QBs in the league, probably the toughest position in sports.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Kap will be fine, just play to his strengths, and he will be fine, he's not Tebow, the man has talent. Culliver is a loss though, will need to Draft Collins or Peters.

aqua_duck

Coach
Michael johnson back to the bengals after a year in Tampa, what's great is he's getting pretty much half the money we would've paid him and we have a 3rd round compensatory pick in this years draft for losing him for a year

shiznit

Coach
The Niners have Hyde who is a stud, never listen to fans, Half the Pats fans thougjt brady was done, and should have been replaced by Jimmy G after the Chiefs game last year. How did that work out for them?
2 things...

1 - Hyde was an absolute steal for the Niners... But let's be honest here... As talented as he is, he's not going to allow them to use the read option like Russell does with Lynch. And then when you look at when the Niners actually did run the read option effectively... It was behind a pro bowl running threat in Frank Gore and a pro bowl run blocker in Mike Iupati.

Your in fantasy land if you think Kaep will be able to continue playing as a mobile QB... He needs to adjust to playing out of the pocket...

2 - Are you seriously comparing Tom Brady's poor night in Kansas City with Colin Kaepernick's absolute stinker of a season?? Looking beyond the fact that Brady could be one of the greatest QB's of all time and Kaep has 0 rings thus far.... Kaep's issues are well beyond a bad performance... He's regressed... And badly.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
When the niners offense was going great it was because of harbaugh, when it went to shit last year it was cause of roman...

Maybe harbaugh was the problem with the offense last year?

shiznit

Coach
Probably both, Roman was always garbage though, too conservative.
I think the problem most people have.... And when I say people I'm talking Niners fans...

Was that they passed Vic Fangio over for Jim Tomsula...

From everything I've heard, Vic Fangio turned that Niners defence in to the dominant force it became... But he was brought in with Harbaugh so was seen too much as a 'Harbaugh guy' for Baalke.

Tomsula of course was the O-Line coach.... And they were so fabulous this past season Baalke and York decided to promote him to Head Coach..

Hell... He's probably not as bad as Jack Del Rio... But Wow... That's terrible by the Niners...

Latest posts