What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

Joker's Wild

Coach

and foster goes down. serious groin injury.

might need surgery. could be out for half the season.

blue? grimes? polk?

or pthomas? ray rice? cj<1k?

i think they'll try and see what Alfie Blue and Chris Polk can give them
He's off contract next year and they probably want to know what they have behind him anyways

Blue impressed in the preseason against SF, probably not much of an indicator given their well documented issues though

Texans page has Grimes as second stringer behind Blue but Id think hes further down then that

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Really hate to see a #1 on any team go down in TC. Ouch.

I know nothing about the Panthers current WR group but would Welker be of any use to them?

possibly but apparently reggie wayne is a more likely option.

as it stands passing targets will be be;
#1 target will be TE Greg Olsen
WR1: Funchess
WR2: Ted Ginn Jr
WR3: Corey Brown
WR4: Jerricho Cotchery (shouldn't be on the team)
others: Mike Brown, Jarrett Boykin and Brenton Bersin.

so looking about the same as last year with a Rookie as our WR1 and a bunch of nobodies for the rest. not stella but cam has worked with less and he has connected with Ginn in the past.

still this puts a fairly big dent in any post season activities for the Panthers IMO.

abpanther

Staff member
I feel bad for Benjamin, horrible thing to happen to a young guy

However I recently drafted Funchess in a deep dynasty league so there is a silver lining...

kurt faulk

Coach
God your a douchebag. One day you'll get over that completely legal play.

that beerhunter ruined 2 seasons for the rams. and bradford was running sideways out of bounds. there was no need to shove him and then carry on like he made an outstanding play.

wish nothing but the worst for that team with the lord of the douchebags at qb.

kurt faulk

Coach

took this out of the dallas cowboys thread because i don't think anyone would see it there. i was curious to see what dc fan had to say about the push and shove brawl and found this gem.

Question: I heard a lot of comments that the Cowboys got their butts kicked in the fight yesterday. Maybe that&#8217;s true but in the video I saw, the Rams took quite a few shots at Cowboy players who had their backs to them. Not saying the Cowboys were innocent in the whole melee but from your view didn&#8217;t the Rams escalate the fight by taking a bunch of cheapshots?

Babe Laufenberg: Yes. A bunch of cheap shots. I understand they were not fighting by the &#8220;Marquess of Queensbury Rules&#8221; but they were cheap shots. Just watch the video of Jared Cook (#89) blindsiding Randy Gregory. Or Eugene Sims (#97) blind siding Ben Gardner. Throw Brandon Washington (#70) in there, and you have some real punk shots being delivered. The Rams have not had a winning season in the last 11 years. It looked like they were trying to take 11 years of frustration out on the Cowboys. If you are looking for instigators, you would need to point your collective fingers at the Rams. Just way beyond the bounds of what takes place in an NFL practice. Cowboys linebacker Andrew Gachkar cut on a screen play (you NEVER go low in a practice) then Gregory was clipped low on the next play. Really, shame on the Rams. It certainly did not reflect well on the NFL and wouldn&#8217;t be surprised to see the Rams organization issue a public or private apology.

Question: Lot of brawls in these joint practices. Do you think they&#8217;re a good idea? Is is worth the risk of injury?

Babe Laufenberg: I have always believed they were a really good idea, but I may be &#8220;evolving&#8221; in that view (we used to &#8220;flip-flop&#8221; now we &#8220;evolve&#8221;) Yesterday was downright ugly, and it was a minor miracle that no one was seriously injured. Dez Bryant took a clean punch to the face with no helmet on. What if he breaks his jaw like Geno Smith? So you are always dealing in risk-reward, and I am not sure the risk now outweighs the reward.

Question: Fairly harsh words on your part on Twitter today. Rams had the dirtiest practice you&#8217;ve seen? Could you elaborate?

Babe Laufenberg: It was just so far out of the realm of what NFL football looks like. There is a certain practice tempo, and certain ways you go about your work so as not to injure another player. And the Rams violated those rules. They know it. And have I seen every camp practice in the NFL over the last 33 years? Obviously not. But it was the most egregious violation that i have personally witnessed. And I am at every practice. I truly hope this does not sound condescending, but I think anyone who has played or coached the NFL game would say the same thing. Just my opinion.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...mp-brawl.html/

translation - i'm a cowboys homer and can see no wrong from the cowboys.

word out from the rams fans that were there was the rams players were sick and tired of cowboys players taking shots at mason in the non contact drills. when gregory body slammed mason the rams had had enough and let loose.

as to the cheap shots, they were in retaliation to other cheap shots. it's obvious in the video. this cowboy bozo can cry all he wants. you want to start a fight don't start crying when the other side takes you up on the offer.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
that beerhunter ruined 2 seasons for the rams. and bradford was running sideways out of bounds. there was no need to shove him and then carry on like he made an outstanding play.

one tackle ruined two seasons? couldn't have something to do with Bradford made out of glass? and it was done by Mike Mitchell who was only on the team for one year. guess thats fair enough to be salty about a team forever

wish nothing but the worst for that team with the lord of the douchebags at qb.

ahhh. classic Cam hater. what ever man, enjoy your angst.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
frank Alexander DE for panthers also tore his Achilles and is out for the season.

does it seem like more season ending injuries every year? we are only half way through pre season and a lot of people are out for a long time. I've read people blaming it on shorter training camps in the latest player negotiations.

everyone cool to skip the final 2 preseason games?

nick87

Coach
I dont think there is more season ending injuries, but i do feel like its a higher than average %of them have been name recognition players

There is still a whole lot of jacorey shepherd's out there blowing knees, shoulders etc that no one cares about, but we dont usually see this many "star" players go down in pre season

Last edited:

Latest posts