What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

Jono1987

Juniors
Schefter has reported that Bush has agreed to a 2 year deal with Miami but nothing official yet. Brees is still contracted, no way the front office is worried about sorting an extension out right now... Nicks however is probably going to get a really good deal.

Can we afford both Evans and Nicks? Especially since it looks like Nicks is going to end up being the better G? Real sticky situation...

dragonfire

Bench
well you look at how our offense is set up and we have to be able to afford Nicks. Him and Evans hold the los and allow Brees to step into the pocket. Not to mention the guy is a beast in run blocking. We also have him as an RFA this year, teams will have to be willing to give up a 1st/3rd to get him and some huge money.

Jono1987

Juniors
well you look at how our offense is set up and we have to be able to afford Nicks. Him and Evans hold the los and allow Brees to step into the pocket. Not to mention the guy is a beast in run blocking. We also have him as an RFA this year, teams will have to be willing to give up a 1st/3rd to get him and some huge money.

Yep agree. I actually think Evans is going to have a great year after giving away a crap tonne of penalties last year. That and we do have average tackles and an average centre. I hope Tennant is truly ready because I think Goodwin takes a contract somewhere else. On another note it was great to see Lance Moore rewarded! Time to hand over more money for Colston me thinks.

Big Mick

Referee
michaelombardi Michael Lombardi
Philadelphia loses out on Doug Free Reggie Bush and maybe Haynesworth but they get Jason Babin back and another rusher off the edge

Big Mick

Referee
jwyattsports Jim Wyatt
by caplannfl
Babin's deal with the Eagles is for 5 years, $28 million, and includes roughly $5-6 million in guarantees

dragonfire

Bench
Yep agree. I actually think Evans is going to have a great year after giving away a crap tonne of penalties last year. That and we do have average tackles and an average centre. I hope Tennant is truly ready because I think Goodwin takes a contract somewhere else. On another note it was great to see Lance Moore rewarded! Time to hand over more money for Colston me thinks.

was rumoured that Colston was going to hold out, but he is apparently there and ready for TC. Didn't really believe that considering who it was and he knows the Saints will look after him as well. TC going to be interesting. got a WR who runs a 4.25 40 and is really good on returns.

Big Mick

Referee
ProFootballTalk ProFootballTalk
We're told that the Redskins are closing in on a deal for Cullen Jenkins. Not done yet, though.

Jono1987

Juniors
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2011/07/reggie_bush_agrees_to_be_trade.html

Bush agrees to the trade. Hoping that the Saints will now look to square away Nicks/Bushrod and go after someone like Landry as he would be an upgrade on Harper

Hard to argue with grabbing Landry but the biggest upgrade we could potentially nab would be Mebane over Adoyele surely? I mean Bushrod is a tough one because Brown has all the wraps but is a year away...Geez it really is an exciting time to be a football fan!

Big Mick

Referee
DonteStallworth Donte' Stallworth
Not far from hometown Detroit RT @ClaytonESPN: Watch for the Vikings to pursue Braylon Edwards after losing Sidney Rice

I called it earlier today. Looks like it may happen.

dragonfire

Bench
Hard to argue with grabbing Landry but the biggest upgrade we could potentially nab would be Mebane over Adoyele surely? I mean Bushrod is a tough one because Brown has all the wraps but is a year away...Geez it really is an exciting time to be a football fan!

we have Rodgers who is a true NT and can plug up running games, Ellis had 6 sacks last year, hate to see what he can do with the line we have now. Mebane is a great fit for us just dont see where/when we would play him. Landry for me is a bigger get, SS who can actually cover as well which Harper struggles with.

Big Mick

Referee
Brad Smith signs for the Bills. --> Don't know why. Stupid deal imo. We are right for receivers. He doesn't add anything we don't have. Spiller is a returner...what a f**ked deal.

Stephen Bowen --> Redskins
Clint Sessions --> Jaguars
Chris Chester --> Redskins
Jermon Bushrod --> Saints
Usama Young --> Browns
Vince Young --> FA

Raider_69

Post Whore
The Kolb deal is a cracker for Philli

Still pissed about fat Albert, but getting babin back under washburn is a nice consolation.

Last edited:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
lol albert next to vince, enjoy running through that boys, but we still need a CB, SS/FS and a deep threat Reciever

Big Mick

Referee
NEPatriotsDraft NE Patriots Draft
According to the @RapSheet, the #Patriots beat out the #Niners and the #Raiders for Chad Ochocinco's services.

BREAKING NEWS: Patriots have acquired Chad Ochocinco after he accepted a restructured 3-year contract, a source said. http://es.pn/pZwX1v

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
As @ClaytonESPN reports, Patriots have acquired Chad Ochocinco after he accepted a restructured 3-year contract http://es.pn/pZwX1v

Latest posts