What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

shiznit

Coach
I honestly think Johny Football will plummet in the draft...

I think you look at what's out there... You look at his personality...

If your in a position where your maybe looking at a QB and Manziel is next best... You look at next years draft... And think maybe having a look at what you've already got... And maybe look at next years draft to fill the QB spot...

He could be a great pick up for someone late in the first round who may be able to give him some time...

shiznit

Coach
Other than that giant mind f**k that's my Raiders...

I'm interested to see what moves NE make this offseason.

Obviously they are still right in this season... But Brady needs some help on offence...

legend

Coach
They'll probably trade out of the first round and stockpile picks.

Broncos will go OL and DB IMO.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Patriots might have another shot at Emmanuel Sanders, it's almost certain he won't be back in Pittsburgh, should have let him go for the third rounder when they had the chance.

shiznit

Coach

I haven't gone over this upcoming class...

But I've heard there's plenty of depth in the secondary... CB especially...

So it might be a good draft for you guys...

Raider_69

Post Whore

I dont think that team is good enough to trade out of round 1's anymore
the window with brady is rapidly closing, they need to make moves NOW and try and get one more ring.

legend

Coach
I dont think that team is good enough to trade out of round 1's anymore
the window with brady is rapidly closing, they need to make moves NOW and try and get one more ring.

Kraft and Belicheck never pay big $ for players at skill positions so I doubt they draft a WR or RB early in the draft. They are more likely to go for a OL, DL or LB. They'll probably pick a WR or two in FA like they did with Ammendola.

Raider_69

Post Whore
The Pats D wont be that bad when we're healthy again, Wilford, Mayo and retain Talib and you'll be be fine enough on defense, then bank on what you should bank on - Tom Brady putting talented skill players in spots to look like absolute stars

Pats were going to be impossible to stop with that two TE thing... id go back to that with one of the pass catching TE's, take a WR early, pick up a RB in FA (someone like Joque Bell) and Defensive depth the rest of the way in the draft.

Tom Brady is the best thing about the Patriots, give him something he can throw too and lean on. Dobson, Thompkins, Vereen, Fumbles Ridley, banged up Ammendola and Gronk isnt going to cut it

pedge

Juniors
The Pats D wont be that bad when we're healthy again, Wilford, Mayo and retain Talib and you'll be be fine enough on defense, then bank on what you should bank on - Tom Brady putting talented skill players in spots to look like absolute stars

Pats were going to be impossible to stop with that two TE thing... id go back to that with one of the pass catching TE's, take a WR early, pick up a RB in FA (someone like Joque Bell) and Defensive depth the rest of the way in the draft.

Tom Brady is the best thing about the Patriots, give him something he can throw too and lean on. Dobson, Thompkins, Vereen, Fumbles Ridley, banged up Ammendola and Gronk isnt going to cut it

they were the best offence in football once gronk came back healthy
they need a 2nd TE to replace Hernandez, but also to cover for Gronk, whom unfortunately you just cant rely on to play 16 games at this stage I think
they will also have 3 2nd year WRs who have shown promise, and generally tend to make a leap in theyre 2nd year
injuries and murderers killed the pats this year, therye roster is plenty good if they can hold onto talib and wilfork comes back healthy

Tom155

Coach

apart from C all they need is depth on the o-line & if they re-sign DRC which hopefully happens not much is needed at CB, S is a possibility early rounds though

Someone to help the pass rush would be my pick at the moment guys like Kony Ealy or Michael Sam from Mizzou or Trent Murphy from Stanford or someone like Vic Beasley but its probably doubtful he will be there when we pick, Kyle Van Noy from BYU is another one to look out for.

C, DE, S imo

zombie jesus

Staff member
David Wilson having neck surgery next week and his career is under a cloud for now, sad to hear.

I'm starting to get really worried that Oakland could sign Michael Vick. I'm seeing rumors and discussion everywhere. I've made my opinion on Michael Vick very well known on this forum. I could not support a team that supports such an evil human being.

This would break my heart, I envision myself being a Raiders fan until I die but this would end it. I couldn't see myself having the same passion for another team that I would for Oakland :(

nick87

Coach
He has only got like 2 years in him tops. I recon they'd only sign him as a one year option... So you could just dismiss them for the year he's there and get get back on after they inevitably cut him after horrible injuryprone turn over rridden year

nick87

Coach
ugh... i hope for your sake they pass on him then

i recon it's a long shot that he winds up there, i think the most likely scenario is that he ends up back in philly as a back up

shiznit

Coach
I'm a Raiders fan... And don't know what to think of signing Vick.

I've never had a big issue with what Vick did.

Intact I thought the fact he was jailed for the dog fighting thing was a joke...

But then again.... I could care less about dogs... They are in a similar group with rodents and cockroaches as fas as I'm concerned.

I'm more worried about the football side of things... I don't think it's a good signing unless we pick up a promoting young kid... Maybe Jonny Football... But even then... I don't like Jonny Football too much.

Latest posts