What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

kurt faulk

Coach

the rams thankfully let go of tim walton and hired

gregg williams.

no more 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 3. the offense is gonna have to earn a 1st down now. will the d be better? that's the plan. will they get burned more bringing the pressure? most definitely but i'd much rather that than flat out handing out 1st downs without so much of a whimper.

and he will bring the heat to opposing qbs. more man on man coverage will give the des a fighting chance of harrassing the qb.

legend

Coach
Knowshon Moreno to test free agency so won't be back in Denver next season from the look of it. Might allow us to keep Decker if Bailey retires and Jammer and Huff are released.

My bet is Moreno ends up in Cleveland.

nick87

Coach
Knowshon Moreno to test free agency so won't be back in Denver next season from the look of it. Might allow us to keep Decker if Bailey retires and Jammer and Huff are released.

My bet is Moreno ends up in Cleveland.

I could see the Patriots having a crack at him
Vereen as a 3rd down back/slot receiver, Moreno as your thumper who can pass protect and still catch out of the backfield. I dont think they trust Ridley and i cant see them keeping Blount.

they have a history of taking on guys who have gashed them

Shorty

Staff member
I'm a Raiders fan... And don't know what to think of signing Vick.

I've never had a big issue with what Vick did.

Intact I thought the fact he was jailed for the dog fighting thing was a joke...

But then again.... I could care less about dogs... They are in a similar group with rodents and cockroaches as fas as I'm concerned.

I'm more worried about the football side of things... I don't think it's a good signing unless we pick up a promoting young kid... Maybe Jonny Football... But even then... I don't like Jonny Football too much.

You can't be serious....you don't think he should have been jailed for animal cruelty?
I'm petrified of sharks but even I think WA is doing the wrong thing killing them.

Regardless I don't think Vick to the raiders will happen, but Alfie there needs to be more people in the world like you.

Right now it looks like Manziel's stock is high, Houston looking at him or Bortles, personally I think it's a smokescreen to get Cleveland to trade up.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
You can't be serious....you don't think he should have been jailed for animal cruelty?
I'm petrified of sharks but even I think WA is doing the wrong thing killing them.

Regardless I don't think Vick to the raiders will happen, but Alfie there needs to be more people in the world like you.

Right now it looks like Manziel's stock is high, Houston looking at him or Bortles, personally I think it's a smokescreen to get Cleveland to trade up.
All I know is id be ecstatic if Bridgewater fell to us...

But I still have severe doubts that will happen...

zombie jesus

Staff member
Ryan Clark said he knows of team members who use marijuana and how to get away with it, we all know that, why say it? He must be realising nobody is going to pay him to play and gunning for that ESPN job, shitting on his team mates on the way out it seems.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Ryan Clark said he knows of team members who use marijuana and how to get away with it, we all know that, why say it? He must be realising nobody is going to pay him to play and gunning for that ESPN job, shitting on his team mates on the way out it seems.

I see it a different way. marijuana in the states is a big talking point at the moment. it is used medically in almost half the states and legalized in two. Clark is applying pressure to goodell to stop checking for it and just be open about it. If goodell is going to support medical marijuana now would be the best time with public support of medical marijuana at an all time high (hehe)

zombie jesus

Staff member
I see it a different way. marijuana in the states is a big talking point at the moment. it is used medically in almost half the states and legalized in two. Clark is applying pressure to goodell to stop checking for it and just be open about it. If goodell is going to support medical marijuana now would be the best time with public support of medical marijuana at an all time high (hehe)

I get that side of it, he could articulate it in a way without blatantly saying there are guys in the Steelers locker room doing it though. Save that shit for when you're out of the league at least.

DC_fan

Coach
Broncos have decision to make about Welker

Posted by Mike Florio on February 8, 2014, 5:57 PM EST
welker1.jpg
APLast year, the Broncos signed receiver Wes Welker to a two-year, $12 million deal. Cap accounting kept the 2013 charge at $4 million.

The application of math too simple for even me to screw up indicates that Welker costs $8 million against the cap in 2014.

His $6 million in compensation hits the books in March, via a $3 million roster bonus and a $3 million base salary. If the Broncos want to pay the twice-concussed (in 2013) Welker less than that, they don’t have much time to work out a new deal.

As Tom Curran of CSN New England pointed out on Friday’s edition of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN, the Broncos could decide to move on, if an impasse is reached. And that could put Welker back on the market.
Which would allow the Broncos to pursue, say, Patriots slot receiver Julian Edelman. Which in turn would allow Welker to return to New England.
As to the latter possibility, that bridge likely was obliterated when coach Bill Belichick called Welker out as dirty for a hit in the AFC title game that if anything was basic offensive pass interference.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/08/broncos-have-decision-to-make-about-welker/

Dogs Of War

Coach
Browns are a mess

Actually I think this is the best thing they could have done. The problem was at the top, and they fixed that now. Hopefully the guy they have now is empowered enough to be able to drive the culture change the club needs to turn it all around.

Latest posts