What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - CD recommendations

Megalomaniac

Juniors
Little Austin Powers said:
astrogirl said:
snapper said:
Also do Merrick & Rosso still do brekkie on nova(ex jjj boys)and have u seen there TV show?
Yeah they do do nova in the mornings. Haven't seen their show though, have you?
yes... that Merrick and Rosso unwatched show

Excuse me, but quite frankly, I love that show!

CDs that I've been addicted to recently:

Heavier Things - John Mayer
Stripped - Christina Aguilera
A Rush of Blood to the Head - Coldplay

I'm in a dilemma at the moment between Pete Murray's CD or Jack Johnson's CD. :cry:

astrogirl

First Grade
SydneySwan said:
CDs that I've been addicted to recently:

Heavier Things - John Mayer
Stripped - Christina Aguilera
A Rush of Blood to the Head - Coldplay
SydneySwan, I just noticed that Daughters rates a mention on your signature - is that your favourite John Mayer song? I love Something's Missing and Come Back to Bed. And there's something deliciously 80s about parts of Home Life. And 83 on his live CD is fantastic - he does a couple of lines of Girls Just Wanna have fun in it :D

Godz Illa

Coach
[quote="Alex28
good god...where do i start...

muse better than radiohead? no way dude...listen to Hail To The Thief. Best album of the year by a mile. Absolution is good but not great.

Outkast? Speakerboxx isn't their best album - it's pretty ordinary...

How do you like good acts like Pnau and Jet and then call Pink the next Janis Joplin? There is no way...[/quote]

I have Hail to the Thief, and it is patchy at best. Absolution is much closer to the album of the year in my opinion.
Speakerboxx is not Outkast's best album, but I didnt say it was. However, it is far, far from ordinary. Ordinary is the very LAST word I would use to describe it.
And then there is Pink, whose inclusion I knew would be questioned. But its all about personal preference in the end, and I personally think her album is hot, and her voice and phrasing remind me of Joplin at times.
But, to each their own.

Megalomaniac

Juniors
astrogirl said:
SydneySwan, I just noticed that Daughters rates a mention on your signature - is that your favourite John Mayer song? I love Something's Missing and Come Back to Bed. And there's something deliciously 80s about Home Life. And 83 on his live CD is fantastic - he does a couple of lines of Girls Just Wanna have fun in it :D

I'm pathetic when it comes to John Mayer - I love all his songs and can't seem to choose a favourite. As for my sig, it's more like the songs I love and that are stuck in my head. :)

socksie

Juniors
i just bought the jack johnson on and on album and love it

my fave would hafta be 'flake'. did anyone go to his concert? my friends went and loved it.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
The living ends new cd. It's a cracker. It took a few listens before I really started appreciating it. But I love it now. Going to watch them live at panthers was awsom. I seriously recomend people by there cd's.

foetus_head

Juniors
I used to like The Living End but im a little sick of them.
At the moment I would reccommend Jet and the Best of R.E.M.
Also, Melliez has good taste, The Ataries are pretty cool if you like punk. Any NOFX, Blink 182's latest albulm or and Bad Religion would also be alright if you like that kind of stuff...

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
foetus_head said:
I used to like The Living End but im a little sick of them.
At the moment I would reccommend Jet and the Best of R.E.M.
Also, Melliez has good taste, The Ataries are pretty cool if you like punk. Any NOFX, Blink 182's latest albulm or and Bad Religion would also be alright if you like that kind of stuff...

Yeah I was getting sick of there old stuff, but I'm addicted to there new stuff.

princess plj

Juniors
ok: i bought the new alex lloyd finally and i really like it. i think his music has really grown from watching angels mend tilll now. i really like it! recommend it as well. =D>

astrogirl

First Grade
Thanks plj. I'll keep Alex Lloyd's CD in mind next time I go check out CDs. I'm just not sure I liked his first release from this new album so I've hesitated to by it...

Alex28

Coach
OK...my latest recommendation is a guy from Ireland named Damien Rice. The album is called "O" and it is freaking amazing. If you like David Gray or Ryan (NOT Bryan) Adams, you will love this. Triple J have been playing "Volcanoes" lately but it is probably one of the weaker tracks. Amazing...I cant say enough about it :)

princess plj

Juniors
have to ask: what do u guys think of ben harper????? i have hrd a bit of his music and i like what i hear. do any of u have his new album???

northey

First Grade
i like ben harpers music ... he is very talented i haven't got his new album but i have heard it , it is very good

Alex28

Coach
ben harpers new album is a little lightweight compared to his older stuff. i think a good start would be "LIVE FROM MARS" which shows his older music as well as how kick arse he is live. from there..."FIGHT FOR YOUR MIND" and "BURN TO SHINE" are both great albums.

he also has a live DVD out now as well...

astrogirl

First Grade
Is anyone here a 1200 techniques fan? I like their single "where u at" but the album isn't being released till January. Has anyone listened to their previous album?