What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - The energy thread

northey

First Grade
haha me swimming is enough of a work out lol.... i used to do swimming, but gave it up cause they closed our pool LOL.. but i struggle now to swim, unless i have flippers on, lol then i am just as good as everyone else.. lol... i think i get bored with swimming, so i don't try - meaning i start to sink lol

Charley9

Bench
i tried learning to surf once and i swear i couldn't walk the next day, my thighs were in so much pain! I loved it. I have to learn how to surf properly.

Kickboards! That's them! lol! Wheneve ri use a kickboard, i always still end up using my arms somehow...force of habit. I love swimming i wish I was close to the beach, i would swim everyday.

astrogirl

First Grade
I'd love to learn to surf too Charley! And wakeboard! But first I need to learn to swim properly!

Charley9

Bench
astrogirl said:
I'd love to learn to surf too Charley! And wakeboard! But first I need to learn to swim properly!

We should go to Hawaii and get a really cute hawaiian boy to teach us :D And it wouldn't be hard, because they're all gods over there!

Charley9

Bench
how much fun would that be? We'd have the best time i reckon, and there'd be so much to do there too.

les norton

First Grade
I could teach you guys to surf....i know i know...you wanted the cute boy to do it but hey...

I have been swimming quite a bit lately i love it...i find it really relaxing, something about being in the water...tranquil and beautiful.
That deep water runnning i did was pretty tough but quite a cack. Im doing it again tonight.

astrogirl

First Grade
I am eating the most awesome lunch today :)

chicken with oregano, cos lettuce, roma tomato, carrot, snowpeas and dressing (pesto with white wine vinegar)

Yum :D

Risa

Bench
Yum, sounds nice. I'm eating a boring chicken, lettuce and a tiny bit of mayo sandwich. lol

The Devil

Bench
astrogirl said:

I know how to kneeboard and waterski!! :D :D :D

Waterskiing is the biggest strain on your thighs, i could only stay on them for about 5 minutes before i couldn't take it anymore..

I once rented a wakeboard, but never got to use it since everyone else kept hogging it.. My cousin spent an hour trying to get on and not once was he able to get on top of the water..

Made me and my brother-in-law miss our goes.. needless to say we were quite pissed off :evil:

astrogirl

First Grade
DeviL9 said:
I once rented a wakeboard, but never got to use it since everyone else kept hogging it.. My cousin spent an hour trying to get on and not once was he able to get on top of the water..

Made me and my brother-in-law miss our goes.. needless to say we were quite pissed off :evil:
Rude :evil:

northey

First Grade
went to the gym last night.

going again today for an assessment... and then i have a party after that lol..

i have muscles in my arms!!!

The Devil

Bench
astrogirl said:
Rude :evil:

I know!! bah.. oh well there's still a lot of time to do that sorta thing, and the warm season is coming up on us :D

northey said:
i have muscles in my arms!!!

... i think everyone does ;-) :lol:

I'm too lazy to do anything atm..

But tomoro i have a wedding to go to, that should be fun..

Anyone know what exercises can be done to lose weight off the stomach (besides sit-ups and crunches) and legs (mainly thighs)?

northey

First Grade
Anyone know what exercises can be done to lose weight off the stomach (besides sit-ups and crunches) and legs (mainly thighs)?

Running can help... but if you are looking to loose weight do exercises that burn cals. so RPM, THT, cardio bikes etc....

doing sit ups can be painful and tiring, but there are variations that are easier and get the same result, one is around the world and the other is hovers

RABK

Referee
Haha, little Dat wants some abs.

You can to one hundred sit ups every 6 hours for 3 months and build big abs, but it won't show if you have a layer of fat on your stomach. No matter how big your stomach muscles are they won't show behind a layer of fat.

Btw, sit ups don't really do anything re losing weight, they would do a bit if you did them correctly and in sets but not much at all. Their main purpose is to build your muscle.

Best bet is do sets of twenty, breathe in as you go up, crunch and tighten your abs at the top - you wouldn't believe how much that adds to the exercise. Then Breathe out as you go back down. And always remember, hands placed firmly against your chest. Using your arms as momentum takes away about 80% of the exercise. I personally do 7 sets of 30 a night.

As for losing fat around the stomach, stop eating sh*t and run a few k's every day.

RABK

Referee
northey said:
doing sit ups can be painful and tiring

Exactly their purpose, when doing any exercise you know it's working when your body is screaming for you to stop. If you want to be fit and have a nice body you've gotta push through the pain barrier and push yourself harder - when your muscles are fatigued and aching it is asking the body for protein to build and replace muscle fibres that are been worked out = bigger muscles.

I'd also suggest drinking protein shakes about 30 minutes after any workout, this gives those muscles the protein it craves after a hard workout.

Theres a a six second ab machine going @ priceline for a 100, but you can get it via windsor mail for $50 including postage.

Asked my brother whom is a qualified gym instructor and he highly he recommends it as it concentrates on the proper muscles and doesnt strain anything that it shouldnt.

astrogirl

First Grade
northey said:
Running can help... but if you are looking to loose weight do exercises that burn cals. so RPM, THT, cardio bikes etc....

doing sit ups can be painful and tiring, but there are variations that are easier and get the same result, one is around the world and the other is hovers
Hovers aren't fun either! Ow!!!!!!!!!

northey

First Grade
haha yeah astro they do hurt.. lol especially when you do it with weights on your back.. it hurts so much LOL

Latest posts