What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - The energy thread

MrCharisma

Bench
Wow I like this thread

Yesterday I;

* Mowed the lawn (1.5hrs)
* Walked 15-20 minutes to the gym
* 25 min bike machine
* 40 min cardio machine
* 30 min of weights using 80kg sets using my 10,8,6,4 rep plan
* Walked 15-20 minutes home from the gym

Worked out to have burnt around 550-600 calories on the machines.... which is wicked :D

MrCharisma

Bench
Thanks... I've been reading this thread and got a mad craving for soup... damn you guys!

Come next season, we should have a toned and sexy looking bunch of Crusaders. Maybe we can put out a 2006 Crusade Calander

MrCharisma

Bench
Doesn't sound too bad, I'm not a big Thai fan however

Hey Cathy, I might have missed it, but do you have a target you are planning to achieve and maybe a dead line? Just out of interest

astrogirl

First Grade
Yep I have a target. In summary...

3 weeks ago I started exercising heaps and being more careful with what I eat. I was 61 kg.

I think I can lose 1/2 to 1 kg a week, from now on. I'd like to get to a weight between 52 and 55 kg so I should get there in about 2 months. But I am conscious that anything below 55 may be too light. I have not been that light in nearly 10 years.

Do you have a target MrC?

MrCharisma

Bench
When I started gyming it last year, I was 120kgs and in a few months I knocked myself down to 93kgs. After leaving Uni and moving to Newie, I pushed my weight back to 100.

So now I've got a short term goal of weight loss... roughly 1kg a week we well as muscle development. Main target areas are chest and abs. After I've hit a comfortable weight, I'll reassess my goals.

The best thing I've found is not to worry about the scales too much but rather make your judgement based off the mirror. While I'm 98kgs atm, I don't look insanly fat.. and by seeing what I'm unhappy with in the mirror, I'm able to target it.

So far I've lost weight from my love handles... going from a size 38-40 to a 36. Now it's time for the man boobs to go :D

astrogirl

First Grade
I do a lot of cardio and that seems to shift weight from the right place i.e. my waist. I could do work on my armsn, but I'm less concerned about that.

I'd also like to improve my core strength for snowboarding next season.

MrCharisma

Bench
Which sites are you planning to hit for next years snowboarding season?

I'm planning to go up with a mate for a weekend next year, so when the time is getting closer, I'll have to work my core something fierce

astrogirl

First Grade
I still haven't given up hope of going to Japan in February. I'll definitely be getting a season pass for Perisher Blue next year :D

I have snowboarded the last 2 seasons with bugger all core strength. I've found that doing a bit of jogging in the lead up helps a bit.

MrCharisma

Bench
Damn snowboarding in Japan would be wicked, they have the best powder of there and best of all, they have snowboarder only places which is wicked.

Hope you get to go over, cause it'd be unreal

Parki

Bench
this time last year i was 100 kilos
now im 75

i didnt do any exercise

i just moved out of home and realised that you had to pay for food, the fridge didnt stock itself.... so i lost weight

imagine what i could do if i actually joined a gym

MrCharisma

Bench
Just got back from a

* Walked 15-20 minutes to the gym
* 30 min bike machine
* 25 min cardio machine
* Walked 15-20 minutes home from the gym

northey

First Grade
i got back from the gym a little while ago
i did my THT class... i swear he made it harder tonight, just cause i told him that i would refuse to do the 'round the world section lol!
so that was a good work out, but walking around penrith all day today doing shopping was a good work out as well lol...
i am quite proud of myself, i have toned up and i have lost quite a bit of weight !

MrCharisma

Bench
Well done Erin... what is this THT class?

While I was doing cardio today, I was watching the Boxfit or some Body Contact cardio thing and it looked heaps fun. Has anyone done it?

northey

First Grade
THT is tummy hips and thighs class, great aerobic work out mixed with weights etc lol lots of hard work!

i do combat on thursday nights it is great.. although i missed my partner last week lol.. and hit her! lol

my cardio and weights days are monday thursday and friday
THT is tues
combat is thursday

les norton

First Grade
I do boxacise twice a week...great fun and excellent work out.
Ours is like a circuit...bloody tough, they stop you all the time for squats, push ups, sit ups...it sucks!!!

Charley9

Bench
ouch!

I want to start swimming again, but i don't want my shoulder to get bigger...is that why people use those little mini boogie boards?

astrogirl

First Grade
Kickboards?

I can't swim very well, so I love kickboards. Pretty good workout :D I think thay are great Charley.

Latest posts