What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - The energy thread

Stranger

Coach
HAHAHAHA

On my 3rd trainin session with my coach, he pushed me so hard, i chucked so much :lol: Like atleast a L of water that had a bit of green as colour :lol:

f**king toasties!

Charley9

Bench
astrogirl said:
Hey Charley, what's red/blue line training?

Red/Blue Line training, is a High and Low impact cardio technique.

What it is, is basically you take a football or soccer field and the long side is called the red line and the short side is the blue line.
Your red line is your high impact pace according to your fitness level and your blue line is your low impact.

So say you're a beginner/intermediate, and say your chosen pace is a brisk walk on blue line and light run on red line; the aim is basically to keep up that pace for as long as long as you can.

The trick is that whatever pace you choose, you absolutely have to stick to, the whole way. So if you chose red line running blue line walking, you absolutely cannot walk the red line.
And you just keep doing that for as long as you can.
Usually I go for just over an hour Light jogging the blue line and running the red line..and it's tough! lol! Sometimes i have to walk the blue line and really hate when i get to the red line hehehe. But it's good, I haven't been this fit in ages. I'm getting better....and let me tel you after having been to the easter show yesterday and having an eatser feast today, i'm gonna need all the re dlines i can get!!! I don't wanna see food for at least.....okay until tomorrow :D

astrogirl

First Grade
Charley that sounds freaking tough. I'm not that hard on myself.

Went to boot camp tonight - it was the first time I have exercised in a week! We did boxing, running, abs, pushups, squats, lunges, core strength stuff etc etc. The trainer accused me of not putting in 100% :oops: maybe I could havbe tried harder. Hot guy at work was very hot at boot camp tonight *drools* he is superhot

les norton

First Grade
I did my 1st ever step class....sorry correction...

My last ever step class.

I fell.....twice. I am sooooooooooo uncoordinated.

astrogirl

First Grade
les, I don't do classes for that reason! I am forever scarred following an aerobics class many years ago!!!

Training tonight was tough. I haven't exercised for 4 days so that probably explains it. Was getting busted by both trainers for laughing, and also for refusing to sit on wet grass to do situps.

les norton

First Grade
hehehehe...go northey, dont listen to em' you do what ya want!!

I was a tad lazy yesterday, havent gotten much sleep and insanely busy atm so i skipped the gym.
I will go to a class tonight. I have made the conscious effort to pencil in gym time for the rest of the week.

Charley9

Bench
I bought one of those heart rate moniters the other day heart , it's pretty good you don't realise how much you sort of slow down after a while and this keeps me at a constant all through a work out...I am impressed.
And I bought a new pair of runners...geez what a difference a good pair of runners makes on my feet when i'm running!
It's good stuff!

astrogirl

First Grade
Charley9 said:
I bought one of those heart rate moniters the other day heart , it's pretty good you don't realise how much you sort of slow down after a while and this keeps me at a constant all through a work out...I am impressed.
Was it exxy Charley? And what does it measure? Heart rate, kJs burned?

Charley9

Bench
astrogirl said:
Was it exxy Charley? And what does it measure? Heart rate, kJs burned?

It was a little bit pricey, but I'm hell into this whole fitness thing at the moment, so I figure it's a small price to pay for a healthy bod.
Mine was $150 and it measures heart rate and calories burned.

They have these real fandangle ones that you program and they totally like measure calories burned, calories burned from fat and an alarm goes off if you go off target, but they were like a mortgage on a small house, so I thought i'd stay in the kiddie pool of heart rate moniters... mine does all that but the others just go into more detail.
It's good though I really like it, it makes me push myself.

Latest posts