What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT- What Are You Reading?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Since I've just finished my University break, I've done heaps of reading. In the three weeks I read:

- She is the Darkness, Water Sleeps, and Soldiers Live (last three books of Glen Cook's 'The Black Company' series).
- Prey by Michael Crichton
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
- Different Seasons by Stephen King

And now I'm onto 'Earth' by David Brin.

What's everyone else reading lately?

Megalomaniac

Juniors
I haven't been reading that much during the uni break. Read "Chocolat" - the book is MUCH better than the movie. Now I'm onto "Holy Fools". :)

Misanthrope

Staff member
Has anyone read The DaVinci Code? I noticed it's been #1 or thereabouts on the Australian bestseller list for a while now, and it's only $15 at my local bookstore. Was thinking of snare it tomorrow.

KnightSmurf

Juniors
I'm currently reading "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Piccoult.

Brilliant author who touches on deep topics that are relevant to today.

les norton

First Grade
chriswalkerbush said:
Has anyone read The DaVinci Code? I noticed it's been #1 or thereabouts on the Australian bestseller list for a while now, and it's only $15 at my local bookstore. Was thinking of snare it tomorrow.

I have heard really good things about it, it sounds facinating. Let me know what ya think.

I had a poor showing over the uni break...i only read Deavers the stone monkey. I went away....yeah thats my excuse. I usually load up on the books too. Usually really pathetic books like jackie collins :oops:

eddo

Juniors
just finished "Middlesex" by Jeffrey Eugenides
...excellent book, I didn't want it to end. It's one of those stories that gets into your head.
Don't let the subject matter put you off....it's a great read.

now its the latest Rolling Stone mag until I get another book.
...Any suggestions?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Depends what genres typically interest you, eddo. I mostly read fantasy, science fiction, horror, and the ocassional thriller.

Actually, to be topical, maybe check out 'The Bourne Identity' by Robert Ludlum. Even if you've seen the movie, it's a very good book, and quite a bit different. Bourne (in the novels) is a great dark hero. Not a nice guy at all.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I'm trying to read The Hobbit, however I just have so much stuff to do with TAFE and the usual house type of stuff. I find it hard to find time to sit and read.

astrogirl

First Grade
I like to read before I go to sleep. Sometimes I want to keep reading so much that I push through the tiredness and then fall asleep with my light on.

princess plj

Juniors
KnightSmurf said:
I'm currently reading "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Piccoult.

Brilliant author who touches on deep topics that are relevant to today.

how unreal is it?
at the moment i am having some light hearted reading- the devil wears prada.
i am waiting till we get the de vinci code and angels and demons by dan brown back at home as my mom has leant them to some one.

Terminator

First Grade
Yeah I hate that too Astrogirl waking up to find the light still on in the morning, makes me feel like Ive missed out on something.

Megalomaniac

Juniors
bedsy said:
I'm trying to read The Hobbit, however I just have so much stuff to do with TAFE and the usual house type of stuff. I find it hard to find time to sit and read.

I've read The Hobbit. Hated it. But then again, my English teacher made us read it in year 8! But The Lord of the Rings trilogy is awesome!! :D

Latest posts