What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nhl

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Well Canucks are into the 2011 Stanley Cup Final, who they play is yet to be decided on Friday as the Lightning and Bruins have gone to a game 7

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yep.

The Canucks have been good all year, knocked out last years champs, knocked out last years goalie. All lines still looking bloody strong.

Boston are good at losing 7 game series after being 3 up.

But regardless I can't see the East teams overcoming Vancouver, they are strong and rested.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Its not the final I was looking forward to watching. LOL. But here's hoping the West Conf comes out on top again, we are the strongest of the two! ;-)

sportive cupid

Referee
Yep.

The Canucks have been good all year, knocked out last years champs, knocked out last years goalie. All lines still looking bloody strong.

Boston are good at losing 7 game series after being 3 up.

But regardless I can't see the East teams overcoming Vancouver, they are strong and rested.
Hey Mr A.Hope the Canucks don't match the pattern of the Cronulla Sharks!
My son is living in Vancouver at the moment and is well and truly on the bandwagon! So I am hoping for a Canucks win...but their history is sounding very Sharks like wouldn't you say?

Btw do you know of any live coverage of the final here in Sydney?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yes Vancouver have not got the best record.

That said, Cronulla have rarely had a team as talented as the current Canucks.

BM1979

Juniors
Hey Mr A.Hope the Canucks don't match the pattern of the Cronulla Sharks!
My son is living in Vancouver at the moment and is well and truly on the bandwagon! So I am hoping for a Canucks win...but their history is sounding very Sharks like wouldn't you say?

Btw do you know of any live coverage of the final here in Sydney?

It will be on foxtel and hopefully they will have the whole series on

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
To be fair to Fox Sports they did an excellent job of covering the 2007-2008 final (Red Wings), the 2008-2009 final (Penguins) and the 2009-2010 final (Blackhawks) so I'd expect more of the same this year. Not that I'll be watching. LOL

jack coburn

Juniors
Still hangin in on my multi.got Boston @$8 into dallas@ $17 or Miami @ $4
out layed $80 on Boston,SJ,Nash,Pitt into Dallas,Miami,SA,and Boston.had $5 on each so i want bost/dall for a $680 collect.Bost/miami is a $160 collect.
Come on Boston/Dallas.

Jono078

Referee
If there is a 7th game does anyone know when it'll be played?

I'll actually be in Vancouver on the 14th of June, hoping to get soaked up in the atmosphere of it all :D

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Torres scored the lone goal of the night with 18.5 seconds left in regulation and Luongo made 36 saves for his third Game 1 shutout of the playoffs as the Canucks beat the Bruins 1-0 to take a 1-0 lead in the Stanley Cup Final.

It was the sixth Game 1 shutout in the last 60 years. The last five teams to win the first game of the Final via shutout -- Detroit in 2008, New Jersey in '03, Colorado in '01, Edmonton in 1984 and the New York Islanders a year earlier -- all won the Stanley Cup.

Carn, nucks!!

Gas Panic!

First Grade
Seriously good game today .. I'm not heavily into the NHL but the relos in Vancouver have seen to it that I'm a Canucks fan. First started keeping an eye on them in 2008.

1-0 up is very handy.

Latest posts