What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NICKO HYNES

Morotti

Juniors
I see the Nyko Hynes thread is pumping and a lot of forumites are at the ready with their lotion and box of tissues to do some pumping of their own in anticipation.

Yeah, he may have talent and looks fantastic in purple behind a well coached pack and professional system, but how did a talented Widdop go in our system with a reserve grade coach and pedestrian roster? Cos what we have at the moment and near future isn't much better than what we have had over the last 10 years.

Going off what Hook said today it might not even happen, but then again he can tell the odd fib such as saying that his love child Knawmeeee has good games in most post game pressers.

Agree. Easy to look good down in Melbourne. I am sure nicho fires have a lot of talent but tasked him out of Melbourne and let's see how he goes. If he goes to brisbane he is in for a rude shock.

Morotti

Juniors
We do have depth in the halves but lack talent in the forwards. If Griffin can find his fullback within our junior ranks, it would make me very happy. It is certainly a possibility with Ramsey, Sloan, Schiller and Stewart all in line to have a go.

I'm thinking Hynes would be a great acquisition but we probably have other fish to fry. If it was up to me I would have the following team for 2022 and test as many as possible this season:

1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feagai
3. Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Hunt
7. Sullivan
8. New prop - 700k
9. B Smith - 700k
10. Vaughan
11. Bird
12. Sims
13. De Belin

14.. Wishart
15. Lawrie
16. Molo - 600k
17. Kerr
The new players cost approx. 2m

This could be a very strong pack and a quick and talented set of backs. Any deadwood should be cast out and as many talented young juniors given their chance in reserve grad:

Gone:
Dufty - 350k
Pereira - 200k
Williame - 200k
Norman - 850k
McInnes - 450k
Britten - 150k
Runciman - 150k
Ellis - 150k
Total approx: 2.4m

Reserve Grade
1. Sloan
2. Stewart
3. Schiller
4. Beele
5. Sauni-Esau
6. Amone
7. Clune
8. Alvaro
9. McCullough
10. Faamausili
11. Ford
12. Burns
13. McGuire

Mccullough is per hooker for three next 3 years so i very much doubt Brandon Smith is coming.

Jack Bird is a centre. Fuimaono likely starting edge forward.

I think Sullivan in the 6, hunt in the 7. hunt had been very good this year.

There are a lot of reasons not to sign Norman up again butt one for me is that we can get the same thing that we get from him with another player for s lot less money. We doing get value out of what he gets paid.

I am on the fence with Lawrie. Has been around for a while now and not really shot to the next level.

Valley

Juniors
I'm a pass on Hynes, more harm in signing him than not signing him, sends the wrong message to players like Ramsey, Sloan, Sullivan etc these guys have been shown a path to 1st grade all of sudden we sign up Hynes who blocks the youngsters and create doubt in other young players we are trying to develop who may decide to leave, put the faith in Ramsey, Sloan to cover Fullback, Sullivan , Amone (possible 11-13) Dantoray Lui (possible 9 as well) to cover the halves..

boardlumps62

Juniors
That's why we should keep Dufty if we are not after Nikko. Ramsey may be the answer next year but if he is not others mentioned are a year away. Ramsey doesn't have what Dufty has blistering speed and a passing game (yet).

redVinme

Juniors
Yep having coffee with Hook right now chatting and laughing with a pen and paper on the table with a stripper coming over
Signs look good
Not sure about the 6 zeros though next to the 1!
Dw the 6 zeros are all before the one. Milward special

boardlumps62

Juniors
Yep having coffee with Hook right now chatting and laughing with a pen and paper on the table with a stripper coming over
Signs look good
Not sure about the 6 zeros though next to the 1!
You mean a waitress coming for the order. Can we get a photo to confirm or a drone maybe.

epDragon62

First Grade
Interesting that Sowie, on his Sweet And Soward podcast mentions that Saints ought to be looking at Hynes given that Dufty won't be there. However, I'm not suggesting he knows anything about recruitment.