What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine stands down Phil Gould

Michelle Leslie

Juniors
Well let's hear them for once. Gus is just typical of Rugby League mentality that we get caught up in the personal grudges and egos and look for someone to blame for the situation we're in rather than looking for ways to get out of it.

why the f would Gould want to help a bloke he cant stand!
Are you that stupid!

Mr Saab

Referee
Fitzy? Why the f**k would they put him on there? He gives less than 2 sh*ts about league.
f**k ch9 know how to screw up a show.
But then that doesnt suprise me....this is the channel than pumped up the usless show "Monster House"

Razor

Coach
i usually like gould, but his standing up for sbw is pathetic

He didn't stand up for sbw. He has said that he disagrees with what he did, but isn't surprised because of the poor management of the game.

In his position he has every right to choose who doesn't interview him.

He is a CEO. The one position, that should not have the right to choose who to be interviewed by. He's not a low-level administrative officer who has every right to pick and choose. But the CEO needs to be held accountable, and you don't get to held accountable by picking and choosing who to be interviewed by.

at least Fitzgerald offers suggestions to change the game. Gould just sits and grizzles about his nappy rash.

Do you ever listen to Gould? Gould gives lots of suggestions -

* Scrap the salary cap
* Introduce teams to Perth, Adelaide, Central Coast
* Scrap the Video Ref for non-try situations

eelmania2

Juniors
I'm not a gould fan,but he certainly had good points.the last point on jamie lyons was spot on. it may not be 100 % the same but the grub was brought back to play for australia after walking out on a contract.

I'm not a gould fan,but he certainly had good points.the last point on jamie lyons was spot on. it may not be 100 % the same but the grub was brought back to play for australia after walking out on a contract.

Good on you for being an eels supporter, missing the bigger picture for bitter misguided backward thinking.

mik01

Juniors
That may be true, but is an average of 14 500 decent?

I say no.

i agree.
its sh*t.

look at the AFL crowds.

NRL is a disgrace, and it because there are people that think 'average' crowd figures of 14500 are acceptable. we all know that these figures are only right up there thanks to the Qld teams - what are the average figures for the Sydney games I wonder????

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Go and reread what I wrote, the 14,500 IS for Sydney clubs and this has been achieved in a period of mass negativity. Make the game trendy again and we'd be around 20,000.

hutch

First Grade
i agree.
its sh*t.

look at the AFL crowds.

NRL is a disgrace, and it because there are people that think 'average' crowd figures of 14500 are acceptable. we all know that these figures are only right up there thanks to the Qld teams - what are the average figures for the Sydney games I wonder????

while the figure could be better, and it is getting better over time, it is still the highest average of any domestic 'rugby' competition on earth. with better promotion, less negativity in the media and a different competition structure, every club in the comp will be averaging at least 20000. it will happen.

Special K

Coach
* Introduce teams to Perth, Adelaide, Central Coast
umm he isn't for perth or adelaide he is very pro more teams in nsw and qld. He has came out before and supported the notion that the storm should be on the coast. He wants us to "have our own back yard in order" before we go off into other states.

When Gallop mentioned it in the interview about WA and SA I thought guss was about to blow his top.

T to the T

Juniors
The only problem I sense from that interview was that Gus cares about the game. Gallop has no idea, he is talking himself out of teams in Perth and 2nd Brisbane. The man's an arse and has no passion/emotion for the sport. He'll be gone, not soon enough but leaves with a nice paycheck without doing anything useful

I'm on the other side of the globe so can't do much, but you guys need to stand up and be counted before the AFL or RU lands another crushing blow:roll:

Gallop OUT
News OUT
Nine OUT

Latest posts