What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nines Thread

OldPanther

Coach
I was critical last year but the boys look super fit. Hetherington & Leota in particular.

I suspect Hetherington will push for a starting 17 spot. Looks fit and didn't have any bad attitude yesterday, also had a bit of footwork to compliment his hard running.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Its nice that hes looking fit but he needs to prove he won't be baited into being sent off every second game. 10+ weeks in reggies to start the year is the way to go

betcats

Referee
I’d be happy to see Heathro in round 1 if he’s earned it during the offseason. I understand the worries about him but he had a whole year almost in reggies in 2019. You’d have to think he’s either going to wake up to himself after that or he’s never going to, not here anyway.

betcats

Referee
Everything we are hearing and seeing so far tells me the boys fit and ready to fire, doesn’t mean they will but it’s been a nice clean offseason with no distractions and not a lot of injury impact either, a big difference on the things going on last off season. Hopefully we see the impact of that in our results. It’s hard to tell much from the 9s other than we look fit and hungry but Api looked really good, we haven’t had a classy hooker like that in a long time, probably not since he was here last time. Wallace was solid and very tough but he didn’t have the crafty type of game Api brings.

OldPanther

Coach
Everything we are hearing and seeing so far tells me the boys fit and ready to fire, doesn’t mean they will but it’s been a nice clean offseason with no distractions and not a lot of injury impact either, a big difference on the things going on last off season. Hopefully we see the impact of that in our results. It’s hard to tell much from the 9s other than we look fit and hungry but Api looked really good, we haven’t had a classy hooker like that in a long time, probably not since he was here last time. Wallace was solid and very tough but he didn’t have the crafty type of game Api brings.

I've watched that pass from Api a few times now. That is enough to justify his signing and give a little hope. Our halves are going to think it's Christmas lunch with him feeding them quality ball.

Highlights from our round 1 game:

murraymob

Coach
We will get a better idea of where we are after the nights game,Beating the rooster squad they had was nothing ,They are still punching in attack,Would like to see then run t he clearly Burton combination as halves not with Burton as hooker

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I've watched that pass from Api a few times now. That is enough to justify his signing and give a little hope. Our halves are going to think it's Christmas lunch with him feeding them quality ball.

That pass from api was a gem. That type of guile and slide of hand we have missed. Made something out of nothing. Very clever. I believe he will make a difference to the halves.

martielang

Bench
Its nice that hes looking fit but he needs to prove he won't be baited into being sent off every second game. 10+ weeks in reggies to start the year is the way to go

The guy got a bit fired up & gave away a couple of penalties. I wouldn’t be burning him at the stake nor making him sit out 10 weeks for something that happened 2 seasons ago.