What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo WiiU... the next gen kiiiiinda starts soon...

Storm13

Juniors
The stare downs are glorious :lol:
I5aR4yX.gif

Storm13

Juniors
Needs more Diddy.

Has anyone had online issues?

I'm still yet to play an online match since Saturday I keep getting error codes with connection problems.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
:sarcasm:

It's the worst 3D Zelda by far, it's completely devoid of imagination and any sense of exploration or innovation. Skyward Sword was a massive, massive improvement. Majora's Mask is still better than all though.

Just is just nonsense. The motion controlls in SS just ruined the whole game and TP had a much better visual style.

perverse

Referee
I dont really feel like there has been a poor game in the main Zelda franchise, just great games and amazing games. TP fits into the great category for mine.

Picked up a Wii U on the weekend... don't understand all the hate this console gets, it's f**king awesome. The zero latency when streaming games to the gamepad is pretty awesome. Got ZombiiU, New Super Mario Bros U, MK8 and Ass Creed 3. ZombiiU surprised me with its depth... and like the console it is on - suffers a marketing issue more than anything else. The 'Wii U' branding from Nintendo is their biggest misstep this generwtion for mine, they needed to get away from the Wii moniker if they wanted to attempt a re-courting of the core gamer... and all these 'U's everywhere are shit and stupid. Games are fantastic thus far, though... as is the console itself.

Storm13

Juniors
I dont really feel like there has been a poor game in the main Zelda franchise, just great games and amazing games. TP fits into the great category for mine.

Picked up a Wii U on the weekend... don't understand all the hate this console gets, it's f**king awesome. The zero latency when streaming games to the gamepad is pretty awesome. Got ZombiiU, New Super Mario Bros U, MK8 and Ass Creed 3. ZombiiU surprised me with its depth... and like the console it is on - suffers a marketing issue more than anything else. The 'Wii U' branding from Nintendo is their biggest misstep this generwtion for mine, they needed to get away from the Wii moniker if they wanted to attempt a re-courting of the core gamer... and all these 'U's everywhere are shit and stupid. Games are fantastic thus far, though... as is the console itself.

ZombiU was a f**king great game, I remember helping a fellow gamer out on Miiverse buy drawing him a map on the gamepad to find a save point that he couldn't find himself, that's the first time I felt that the WiiU was a great console.

reanimate

Bench
Just is just nonsense. The motion controlls in SS just ruined the whole game and TP had a much better visual style.

The motion controls in SS were far better than those in TP. What visual style you like is personal preference, I loved the Twilight Realm in TP but not much else- I preferred SS overall in that department. SS completely shat on TP in the imagination and overall game design stakes though, TP was horribly stale.

Big Pete

Referee
I share your thoughts reanimate.

Twilight Princess felt too 'by the numbers' for Zelda and the unique gimmick of the game felt poorly implemented. The Wolf transformation had some great possibilities but a lot of the gameplay elements seemingly revolved around those boring scavenger hunt to proceed to the next dungeon.

It was nothing but mindless padding and it really slowed the game down.

Skyward Sword had it's own problems but I thought a lot of it's gimmicks were implemented better and I actually enjoyed the motion controls. I know it varies from player to player but aside from the thrust movement, everything was responsive for me and I had a ball. My only qualm really was that they didn't mix up the sword fights enough. The one against the multi-arm robot felt like such a tease.

perverse

Referee
I've had a great time with Hyrule Warriors over the past few days. Have never played the dynasty warriors series, but I might have to give it a crack now. The Zelda theming is great.

Many people going nuts with anticipation of captain toad: treasure tracker too, which comes out soon.