What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo WiiU... the next gen kiiiiinda starts soon...

InFlames

Juniors
i initially bought my Wii U for Mario Kart 8 (which is still fantastic, almost best in the series) but man what a dismal selection of games outside the nintendo franchises ie Super Mario bros, Donkey Kong etc.

I was also hoping for a WWE release but no such luck. Has anyone played anything good of note this year?

Storm13

Juniors
i initially bought my Wii U for Mario Kart 8 (which is still fantastic, almost best in the series) but man what a dismal selection of games outside the nintendo franchises ie Super Mario bros, Donkey Kong etc.

I was also hoping for a WWE release but no such luck. Has anyone played anything good of note this year?

Nope :(

I miss the old Nintendo 3d platform games :(

get splatoon amazing game

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I dropped about $800 today on the Wii U, picked up the splatoon pack, also bought four Wii U controllers, Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario World along with some steering wheel cases. Bloody expensive.

The games are awesome, cannot wait to pick up Donkey Kong in the next few days.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah went and got them and they go alright. It was more the Wii remotes that I was worried about forking out for but I suppose they come in handy for other games too.

I dropped about $800 today on the Wii U, picked up the splatoon pack, also bought four Wii U controllers, Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario World along with some steering wheel cases. Bloody expensive.

The games are awesome, cannot wait to pick up Donkey Kong in the next few days.

That's pretty much what I ended up with. I got the Splatoon pack, 2 Wii Remotes, 2 wheels, the pro controller and Mario Kart 8. Picked up the Wii Fit U board for $39 from target too.

I haven't had a Nintendo since the 64 in the mid 90s. Enjoying it a lot actually.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
I've never owned a Nintendo console that I didn't love. I generally buy at least 1 or more consoles per generation... but will always prioritise the Nintendo console first. They always have the most premium library of exclusive titles. Even when their console barely has any games - as is the case with the wii u - they STILL have the best exclusive library for mine.

There's not much released to xbox or ps that you can't get as a HD redux a year or 2 later on PC these days... if not a simultaneous release. Hell, even the next metal gear solid is getting a PC release.

Storm13

Juniors
The gamecube was the most underappreciated nintendo console, had the best first party/third party lineup. Only Nintendo console I didn't get into was the Wii.

NINID - puscifer85 if anyone wants to add, been playing Splatoon heaps.