What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Bulldogs to be charged ?

ouwet

Bench
Kiwi said:
LebaneseForces said:
ibeme said:
Ray Hadley confirmed that he had information from a source within the DPP indicating that no charges would be laid due to lack of evidence.

He also mentioned that the police officer who spoker to the media when the alledged assault was reported was in hot water. Apparently, the officer said that they were talking with the victim of a serious sexual assault. He's in hot water for prejudicing the case, because they had no evidence to suggest that that was the case then, and none to suggest it now. He should have said 'alledged'.

And so the idiot should be!!
Was it ever in doubt that no charges would be laid? It was her word against theirs... No witness, DNA? They admitted having sex consentually with her (That takes that out)... THe Police had nothing...

Lets Get On With Footy...

There was a witness, but the witness in question refused to come forward to protect his team mates, meaning he might as well have been involved.

Basically you are taking the simple minded stance of their word against the players. Of course you are gonna back the players, they play for your team.

Finally, didn't that player manager mortimer guy come out and say something happened, immoral, and it was up to the cops to determine if it was illegal or not. Obviously they thought it was illegal, shame the evidence doesn't say enough to charge and convict the animals. The team will ALWAYS be tarnished untill every one of the current squad are gone.

Bulldogs = Salary cap cheating druggo rapists

:blahb: :blahb:

Immoral? Do you know what that is? It doesn't mean they raped her... A Gang Bang is very legal but immoral too people (Me included)...
They can't think nothing.. We live in AUstralia not Afganistan... A Fair Legal system is what Australia is all about... And whether you agree with it or not doesn't matter...
BTW im not backing the players... If they were found guilty too hell with them all... But they aren't (Maybe we dont know 100% yet) and thats all im gonna go with!!!!

ouwet

Bench
Kiwi said:
I think the Bulldogs should change the teams logo from a Bulldog to a group of drug sniffer dogs having their way with a poodle on a bed of cash.

You are a hypocrite and taking her word over the players... :roll:

ouwet

Bench
Kiwi said:
ibeme said:
Kiwi,

Can you prove that there was a wittness. Even the newspapers doubted this.

The same newspapers that reported the girl in question was helped to a room by a player who saw what happened and a maid where she called the cops.

Was that the same reporter that said he talked too player and the culture of the Bulldogs club and Rugby League? But then can't remember that players name?? Dont believe everything the media says love...
Or was that the same network that said their was a drug dealer within the club? :roll:

ouwet

Bench
innsaneink said:
LebaneseForces said:
ibeme said:
Ray Hadley confirmed that he had information from a source within the DPP indicating that no charges would be laid due to lack of evidence.

He also mentioned that the police officer who spoker to the media when the alledged assault was reported was in hot water. Apparently, the officer said that they were talking with the victim of a serious sexual assault. He's in hot water for prejudicing the case, because they had no evidence to suggest that that was the case then, and none to suggest it now. He should have said 'alledged'.

And so the idiot should be!!
Was it ever in doubt that no charges would be laid? It was her word against theirs... No witness, DNA? They admitted having sex consentually with her (That takes that out)... THe Police had nothing...

Lets Get On With Footy...
Idiot.
I suppose you will think.....in the event that no charges are in fact laid....that that in fact means that nothing illegal occurred in Coffs.

From ur post it also suggests that becoz a cop made an error it somehow vindicates bulldogs players.

I hope if someone is guilty of something then they are punished....
I hope if nothing illegal occurred then thats shown to be the case.

But too often people get off without punishment becoz of technicalities in the law.

The law is an ass.

What... Im not suggesting the cops idiot assumtion vindicates the players...
Hell No... I want the players too rot in gaol if guilty... But with all the media frenzy over this case... the cop in question should of stopped and thought about what he was gonna say before he said it...
After he said what he said THE WHOLE MEDIA portrayed the players as guilty even thou the case was a long way from being over... his remarks tainted the PLayers and club forever... He should be punished for that!!!!! Especially if their is no case too answer...

ibeme

First Grade
Kiwi said:
ibeme said:
Kiwi,

Can you prove that there was a wittness. Even the newspapers doubted this.

The same newspapers that reported the girl in question was helped to a room by a player who saw what happened and a maid where she called the cops.

You might want to check your facts.

It's never been reported that she was helped to her room by a player. It was reported that she was comforted and assisted with an ambulance by a player.

It's never been reported that this player witnessed the events, only that he found her in a distressed state.

The police said that they believed that there was a seventh player who they believe witnessed it, but they didn't know who it was.

If it was the player who assisted her, do you not think they'd be able to identify him, considering the ambulance officers and cleaner would have seen him?

Before you start jumping to conclusions, check the facts.

JK

Big Mick said:
*Sniff, sniff*

Whats that smell.

I smell pay out.

Pay out? Of who? The DPP?? :roll:

This isn't the woman withdrawing the case - it is a potential decision not to lay charges.

If you think the DPP or Police are bribed please contact the Ombudsman or Police Integrity Commission.

And be sure to report the UFO's you see as well :lol:

Don't think for a minute that the whole TRUTH about this issue will ever become public knowledge.
Rape and all sexual assault charges are incredibly hard to make stick as their is a lot of grey area and a lot fo he said/she said that goes on.
I am certain that the powers that be would have investigated to the level that they could and if they could not get enough for the DPP to lay charges, then so be it.

Does this make them innocent?? In the eyes of the law, yes. In the eyes of society and rumour mongers?? Probably not.

Another question is, if this turns out to be a gang bang compared to a gang rape, then there is only a moral arguement. Believe it or not, gang bangs go on everywhere, you probably all know someone who has been involved in one or who has some sexual fetish that you know nothing about...does this make it wrong? I personally don't think so, but eahc to their own

GreenForce

Juniors

I think you've watched too many shows on the telly. If this is how the system worked, a rape charge would never stick. This sort of attitude promotes a culture that supports dirty, scum of the earth assholes, getting away with a severe crime. I think you should choose your words more carefully. The dogs have suffered a lot because of this controversy, and the attitudes of dogs supporters have also come into the spotlight.

It's rubbish that there will be no final word on what happened. If there was a witness that didn't come forward then they are as guilty as the parties involved. It would be naive to think that consentual group sex didn't happen, however this whole afair doesn't add up to being "consentual". After all, she needed an ambulance. Think about it.

[furrycat]

Coach
Needed an ambulance? There were minor lacerations on her legs... If she was stupid enough to have sex by a pool do you think she would have got a bit cut by the ground? Again, I could accuse anyone of rape, and if the police say "Not enough evidence" how do you know I wasn't lying all along?

Innocent UNTIL proven guilty... The Bulldogs are innocent under the eyes of the law and should be by everyone else until they are proven guilty.

Sportsjock

Juniors
Its a Dogs World said:
Well, that pretty much rules out any Asian country such as Lebanon

:roll: :roll:

Don't assume I meant Lebanon :lol: ;-) but lets add it in anyway just for fun... :lol:

gaterooze

Bench
ibeme said:
It's never been reported that she was helped to her room by a player. It was reported that she was comforted and assisted with an ambulance by a player.

Actually, blame the newspapers for that mixup -- one of them *did* report this. A third reported version of events was that the woman was found sobbing in the driveway. That's three completely different stories -- clearly at least two of them are false... so, logically, how do we know anything thus far reported has been "true?"

Hopefully in the fallout of the DPP's decision (either way), we can at least get some closure on this.

PB

Bench
JK said:
Big Mick said:
*Sniff, sniff*

Whats that smell.

I smell pay out.

Pay out? Of who? The DPP?? :roll:

This isn't the woman withdrawing the case - it is a potential decision not to lay charges.

If you think the DPP or Police are bribed please contact the Ombudsman or Police Integrity Commission.

And be sure to report the UFO's you see as well :lol:

They are saying the lame ass country bumpkin police stuffed up the investigation.

Well aside from the legality of what they may or may not have done, if they go back to their hotel rooms (like the Raiders) and behave like professionals, none of this ever happens. But they didnt. they have tarnished not only rugby league but professional sport. those who became involved with the girl should all face bans or at the very least multi year suspensions for the damage caused.

I hope beyond all hope the police are allowed to pass on to the NRL details of thier investigation (including names of players invovled in the incident)!

[furrycat]

Coach
No one knows the full story except the police. There are a lot of things everyone will be surprised about when they come out.