What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Merritt Awards for City Selectors

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Even as a Parramatta fan, I find it laughable that Jarrod Hayne was picked in front of Nathan Merritt, they are both great wingers, but if this is picked on form, its a joke,

Whats everybody think??

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Let me get this right - you have a go at me for not being courteous, so when I actually am nice to someone about it, you still roll your eyes? Get a life and stop trolling.

Timmah

Staff member
I wasn't critical at all champ - I simply pointed him in the direction of the discussion he was looking for. You exacerbating arguments such as this one is another thing that puts people off.

Brycey

Juniors
Maybe he is a certainty for NSW so there was no point.

Dodger, get a fkn life ffs...nobody cares but you.

[furrycat]

Coach
:?
Dodger said:
I wasn't critical at all champ - I simply pointed him in the direction of the discussion he was looking for. You exacerbating arguments such as this one is another thing that puts people off.

Your opinion.
Mine is backed up with fact and people telling me so via PM

Cheers

Timmah

Staff member
I'll keep my opinion. You keep your PM's from your mates.

:thumb

brendothejet

First Grade
Well considering they are all NRL players being picked in an NRL rep team thread stays.

Merritt will suffer the same curse as blacklock: scores too many tries for SOO selectors.

mattyg

Bench
Merritt > Hayne IMO.

El Masri deserved his spot...he COULD well be a bolter for NSW but i don't think so. The way i see it, is that King has one wing secured and the other wing (based on city country) will go to either Hazem/Amos/Morris/Hayne. I dont think i'm biased in saying Hazem would be the pick of that bunch atm. Morris needs more games before he can be considered imo.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hazem also has one advantage..the ability to turn 4 into 6..and lets be frank with NSW struggling to score tries it could be a big bonus to have. At the moment NSW could be relying on Lyon as a kicker which is a big ask in a Origin game!

Timmah

Staff member
I would hope Hazem's strike rate would get him in there over Lyon based on that.
Lyon hasn't been that great all over the park this year tbh, quite overrated. Been a lowlight in a star-studded backline really, Stewart, Bell, Hicks have all outshone him.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Lyon will be there but I have severe questions on him as a kicker in a origin game. Fitzgibbon won't be tehre and it is not as if Hazem is a bad winger, in fact I rate him as a very solid winger. His goalkicking is a bonus!

Master Vippo

Juniors
Very harsh on Merritt. None out of Hazem/Amos/Morris/Hayne really deserves the other NSW wing spot. Its a tough call, there are no real wing standouts for NSW. I'd probably give it to Tahu if he gets back fit in time. Merritts size will always be against him, much like Preston.

Latest posts