What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No place for this in our game

Vic Mackey

Referee
Anyone under 30 doesn't use the word 'gay' meaning anything to do with someone being a homosexual

God-King Dean

Immortal
Southpark_Fags_1.jpg

Mr Spock!

Referee
Seriously pal- are you kidding here??????

I'm not trying to post this shit to start an argument here, but this happens in every game of every week, of every year of every decade at every single level of football from the under 15's through to test match football, if your going to pull every comment up on a football field in the NRL to either charge or warn someone, there will be no football. And as for it being no excuse -FFS mate, harden up - most players get on with it and can't be bothered retailiating, it's a part of the game and always will be, I can't begin to count the amount of one liners I copped and gave when in a scrum- the best being the mum sledges, wife sledges, eye gouging, fingers in arses, or the best one, running ur fingers up the crack of ur arse before a scrum is packed and wiping it across old mates undernose/top lip .

Yeah I know.

Sometimes we did it to the other team as well.

oikee

Juniors
I never said any of this shite when i was a kid playing league, nor did i hear this crap.
Stop sticking up for these fowl-mouthed pricks with ears and start defending the game , not muppets that yell out c___ts and gay on the field.

f**king hell, where did they crawl outta of, a gutter at a caravan park.
School the c___ts.

Dutchy

Immortal
I heard a little on the radio regarding a NSW player apparently having an offensive word written on the tape on his wrist.
Apparently it was clearly visible on TV, but I was out of the house all day and did not see it.
Did anyone else see or hear of this ?

Yeah the storm guy who was binned.

It clearly said merkin.

Helmet Man

Juniors
I call my mates merkins all the time. But doing it to people you don't know - maybe not so much.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Very poor from a bunch of kids who aren't used to being televised and have probably never received any formal training on it

so you're saying it's ok to call him that, just provided it's not on tv?

and you shouldn't need 'formal training' to know that any sort of villification is wrong.

and if you do need formal training, your issues run deeper than just getting caught out on tv..

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Meh...

I still play and this is normal. I've played a number of sports. League. Gridiron. Union and now soccer. i just about hear similar comments during games.

Plus more racial slurs during games then calling someone a gay merkin.

ellskimore

Juniors
This is totally inappropriate behaviour. If the NRL don't crack down on this then they are a bunch of gays.

Latest posts