What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No salary cap whatsoever - would it be so bad?

Doomednow

Bench
Everyone knows Gould has been in JTs ear. That has been in the papers for months. If JT wanted to stay at the Cowboys he'd have agreed to a deal by now. The longer it goes on the more obvious the signs are he's gone.

If BM speculates that it's true then it must be.

Bunniesman: 1 Reliably sourced information: 0

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Everyone knows Gould has been in JTs ear. That has been in the papers for months. If JT wanted to stay at the Cowboys he'd have agreed to a deal by now. The longer it goes on the more obvious the signs are he's gone.

Papers today have said Carney has knocked back the Sharks offer. He's going to Parra to be coached by Ricky.

Just as I thought, you made shit up.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Jt wil return to the dogs :D wait and see!

Wasn't at the club to lick stamps, didn't resign keating with a 1 year option in the clubs favour by pure chance. With Hodkinson, Keating off contract. You can smell it.

JT want's a title. Return to where you got your first one. This time as the missing piece.

natheel

Coach

Wasn't at the club to lick stamps, didn't resign keating with a 1 year option in the clubs favour by pure chance. With Hodkinson, Keating off contract. You can smell it.

JT want's a title. Return to where you got your first one. This time as the missing piece.

Nope won't happen

murraymob

Coach

you are going to have to offload a lot more than those players to fit thurston in

Delboy

First Grade
The auditor walks into Doggies land and says, 2 questions re the salary cap 1. Toddy mate, do I need to look at anything 2. Is my desk and office still empty. Thanks, you pass, see you next year.

Good to see all clubs treated equally ( sarcasm rules) :)

Frenzy.

Immortal
you are going to have to offload a lot more than those players to fit thurston in

Off contract 'Dogs

Not much money there. Dessie will have to start heavily backending again :lol:

Kris Keating, Mitch Brown, David Klemmer, Leilani Latu, Drury Low, Jon Talioe Sila, Tim Browne, Greg Eastwood, Dene Halatau, Trent Hodkinson, Tim Lafai, Corey Payne, Frank Pritchard, Josh Reynolds, Aiden Tolman, Steve Turner

Rainbow

Juniors
Why do people think, that even if he wants to work in the media, that JT has to finish his career in Penrith or need Gus to help him get a job at Channel 9 (or anywhere else for that matter). Im pretty sure a player of his calibre will have media opportunites coming out of his ears, regardless of where he finishes his career and regardless of Phil Gould.

Do you really think that JT will have a big future in the media? Doesn't seem the type to me. Cam Smith, Slater and even Gallen I think will do well but not so sure about JT. Mind you Gasnier got a gig.

BranVan3000

Coach
Do you really think that JT will have a big future in the media? Doesn't seem the type to me. Cam Smith, Slater and even Gallen I think will do well but not so sure about JT. Mind you Gasnier got a gig.

I see Cam Smith as a coach, Slater kind of hanging around channel 9 like Lockyer is and Gallen being a doofus on a Fox Sports panel

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Off contract 'Dogs

Not much money there. Dessie will have to start heavily backending again :lol:

Kris Keating, Mitch Brown, David Klemmer, Leilani Latu, Drury Low, Jon Talioe Sila, Tim Browne, Greg Eastwood, Dene Halatau, Trent Hodkinson, Tim Lafai, Corey Payne, Frank Pritchard, Josh Reynolds, Aiden Tolman, Steve Turner

Your kidding aren't you?

Keating, Eastwood, Halatau, Hodkinson, Pritchard, Tolman, Turner would all be on over 200k and a couple of them closer to 300k, even 400k (Pritchard)

With the cap increase for 2013 to be spent to benefit and upgrade some players (hopefully Josh Reynolds, Klemmer, Jackson, Finucane etc) and the 2014 cap to go up too. We have as much as any to throw at anyone.

It's pretty clear cut there.

Last edited:

DoggiesBro

Juniors

Well with the cap increase in 2013 to spend still to benefit our upgrading, along with the increase for 2014. The third party sponsors available, i'd imagine that Hodkinson on a reported 280k (though people try to claim 300k+ and Keating on a reported 200k should cover enough for JT with them alone. 480k+ upgrade cap + 3rd party.

Though in saying that still plenty of money to spend. With blokes like Pritchard who was reported to be our biggest paid player at 400k (prior to Tony Williams) off contract, Halatau & Turner likely to retire or move on and wouldn't be on peanuts.

Tolman who I hope like hell we retain, Eastwood who I think it would be fair to say he is on 200k as an international.

Plenty to spend, it's just what Des want's to do after his first year I don't think the club will argue with him. In saying that if JT wants to stay up north then it won't matter will it, though if he wants to come back to Sydney! Sure will be interesting seeing he has already one title with the Dogs and has been seen at the club recently and both halfs off contract and plenty to pay him.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
Well with the cap increase in 2013 to spend still to benefit our upgrading, along with the increase for 2014. The third party sponsors available, i'd imagine that Hodkinson on a reported 280k (though people try to claim 300k+ and Keating on a reported 200k should cover enough for JT with them alone. 480k+ upgrade cap + 3rd party.

Though in saying that still plenty of money to spend. With blokes like Pritchard who was reported to be our biggest paid player at 400k (prior to Tony Williams) off contract, Halatau & Turner likely to retire or move on and wouldn't be on peanuts.

Tolman who I hope like hell we retain, Eastwood who I think it would be fair to say he is on 200k as an international.

Plenty to spend, it's just what Des want's to do after his first year I don't think the club will argue with him. In saying that if JT wants to stay up north then it won't matter will it, though if he wants to come back to Sydney! Sure will be interesting seeing he has already one title with the Dogs and has been seen at the club recently and both halfs off contract and plenty to pay him.

Your numbers are borderline geniused mate

JT will not go to the dogs. If its reported he is on the verge of declining a multi million dollar contract with penrith to STAY in NQ then dogs have no hope!

natheel

Coach
Plus people say hodkinson is on 300k because it was reported he signed for that. But hey you are able to look into the dogs books arnt ya doggiesbro...idiot