What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no to hagan!!!!!!!

The Colonel

Immortal
I do know it will make Round 1 even more interesting what ever happens....

As for the wooden spoon. Newcastle's injury toll and lack of player depth was the biggest factor behind that. Jack Gibson couldn't have saved them from that.....

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
I do know it will make Round 1 even more interesting what ever happens....

As for the wooden spoon. Newcastle's injury toll and lack of player depth was the biggest factor behind that. Jack Gibson couldn't have saved them from that.....

and Jack himself have coached sides to wooden spoons.

El Diablo

Post Whore
eloquentEEL said:
Not sure if anyone's brought this up yet, but isn't Hagan the not-so-proud owner of a 2005 limited edition wooden spoon?

*waits for the "No Hagan" banner campaign*

Someone make it

I wouldn't support Hagan in a fit.

Stagger eel

Staff member
El Diablo said:

sure, but I'm not the one pushing the barrow to have someone create a sig that suggests "we support whatever decision the board makes"

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I'd proudly wear both banners, ie. "No Hagan" and "I support whatever decision the board makes". I don't see them as mutually exclusive. I'd encourage the board not to select Hagan so I'd say "No Hagan" until the board makes a decision. However, should they (for whatever reason) sign him up, then he'd have my full support.

Stagger eel

Staff member
El Diablo said:

if you feel that strongly about a decision that hasn't even been made yet, join the football club, [if you haven't already done so offcourse] I'd be more than happy to be one of your signatory's and I'll arrange the paperwork for you.

half

Coach
ffs i can understand people complaining about chris anderson, but that's about it

Stagger eel

Staff member
El Diablo said:
no use as I could never attend

don't live anywhere near Sydney

you don't need to live in sydney! as long as your a member for 3 years you can vote, btw Pricey was a a board member for 5 mintues and didn't even live in sydney!

Eelementary

Post Whore
parra-all-the-way said:
hagan had a gun side in 01 and he would have a better gun side in 07 if he came to the eels...i think he would be great for us..

But that's the problem.

Say we sign him to a long deal - say 4 years.

Four years down the track, some players retire, some Juniors leave and we're left with an average side at best.

Does he have the ability to extract the best from average players teams?

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
But that's the problem.

Say we sign him to a long deal - say 4 years.

Four years down the track, some players retire, some Juniors leave and we're left with an average side at best.

Does he have the ability to extract the best from average players teams?

I'd guess the board won't be signing any long term deals into the future

Stagger eel

Staff member
Fitzy went public yesterday and said that they will not be offering a potential coach any longer than a 3 year deal, I dare say they've learnt from their mistakes.

Stagger eel

Staff member
number8 said:
Sorry, but I just can't see what mistakes you are refering to!

is that a gee up???

the extent of Smith's contract. I don't know for sure, but I assume there's a few people that would of done things a little differently in hindsight.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Parranöyd said:
Does any coach have that ability?

Well I dare say that Brian Smith does.

I wouldn't call Drew, Taylor, Dunley, Stapleton, Hopkins and co. fantastic players. But under Brian they played some really good football.

Latest posts