What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nomination for most underrated movie of all time

Samwise

Bench
This movie ...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=w94dZtKXaaE

followed by

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=fdRn0HYcIUc

p.s. this is a scene that never made the final cut. Probably proves how underrated this movie is.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl_nqx7XQO4

yep true romance hugely underrated. Most Coen brothers movies don't get enough love outside the film nerd circles either, Kubricks Paths of Glory & The Killing get overshadowed by alot of his later work.

I also recently saw one called The Lookout starring Joseph Gordon Levitt, I think it went straight to dvd here but it was fantastic.

Parra

Referee
Big lebowski is in the wrong thread. It's a good film, but it is overrated.

True Romance - I never get tired of the scene with Walken & Hopper.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Here's one of my favourite films of all-time. Brilliantly acted, one of the best scores ever and beautifully shot...and yet hardly ever talked about:

Last of the Mohicans.

2 True Blues

Coach
I think the " Thin Red Line " was very underated. Very poetic, and the bloke that wrote it i believe did the famous movie " from here to eternity ' prior to disappearing into the wood work and coming back with this work of art.You actually have to watch it more than once to appreciate it's quality, and to take in the back drop words. etc .

Ghoulies

Bench
I think the " Thin Red Line " was very underated. Very poetic, and the bloke that wrote it i believe did the famous movie " from here to eternity ' prior to disappearing into the wood work and coming back with this work of art.You actually have to watch it more than once to appreciate it's quality, and to take in the back drop words. etc .
Agreed.

It was released around the same time Saving Private Ryan was, so it was somewhat over-shadowed, but it contained some of the most memorable visuals from a war film I've ever seen, most of which weren't even scenes from the battlefield.

2 True Blues

Coach
The scene with Travolta and Nolte on the ship prior to kickoff was priceless mate. When NOLTE was expressing his thoughts out loud ( so to speak), and lit his smoke first etc ).

Top stuff. The whole movie was good in fact, and PENN delivered yet another great performance. He is one of the most underated actors in the modern era also IMO.

Misanthrope

Staff member
After it garnered just two votes in the Greatest of All Time polling, I'm thinking Dr. Strangelove is underrated :crazy:

i got it confused with Motley Crue's DR Feelgood.

but yeah. O Brother where art thou? is a great movie. i rate it very highly. great sound track, clever characters.

"im a dapper dan man"

eels_fan_01

Bench
American Psycho

People who would enjoy it probably avoid it because they think it's going to be a mindless slasher flick.

People who like slasher flicks watch it and don't like it because it's not a mindless slasher flick.

That movie didnt have one good quality about it.

It wasnt clever, nor was it thrilling or scary.

I remember seeing it in the cinema and everyone was like is that it.