What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nomination for most underrated movie of all time

elyod138

Bench
Decided to list a few more..

Lila Says
f**king Amal
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring
3-iron
Next Stop Wonderland
Happy Accidents
Tape
SubUrbia
Dirty Pretty Things
Interview
Evil
The Science of Sleep
Chungking Express
You, Me and Everyone We Know
In America
Swingers
Beautiful Girls
Chasing Amy
Ghost World
Saved!
Mystery Train
My Summer of Love
Candy
Leon
The Taste of Tea
The Station Agent
Last Life in the Universe
Igby Goes Down
Night on Earth
Dan in Real Life
High Fidelity
In The Mood For Love
The Graduate
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Rushmore
In July
Head On
Black Dynamite
Priceless
Roger Dodger
The War Zone
Adventureland
L.A. Confidential
The Wonder Boys
Kids
What Time is it There?
Bottle Rocket
Good Dick
Waking Life
Slacker
A Short Film About Love
Boy A
Encounters at the End of the World
Vicki Cristina Barcelona
Coffee and Cigarettes
Slacker
Rescue Dawn
Mignight Cowboy
Lost and Delirious
Delirious
Heat
Control
Dogfight
Wings of Desire
Paris, Texas
The Bow
Two Lovers
Snow Angels
The Wackness
Rachel Getting Married
The Squid and the Whale
Naked
Magnolia
The Spanish Apartment
Mysterious Skin
Brick
Annie Hall
Manhattan
Rocket Science

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
eloyd138 said:

You know it. Really enjoyable contemporary spin on film noir that takes a lot of inspiration from one of the best animes of all time in Cowboy Bebop. The performances from Levitt and Haas are really fun and engaging.

Good list.

Best Worst Movie - 2009
A then and now documentry on Troll 2 and the underground fanbase it spawned. A really fun film to watch that will make you laugh, make you cry and even freak you out at times, Troll 2 is a film that can be watched by anybody and enjoyed.

Also on that kick...

Beyond The Mat - 1999
If you thought The Wrestler was rough wait until you see a documentry on wrestling in the late 90's. The film follows all sorts of figures from rookies, stars, promoters and legends and gives you a chilling insight into the world of professional wrestling.

Cliffhanger

Coach
A few others.

The Informant
He Got Game
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Three Kings
Antwone Fisher

Knightmare

Coach
Big lebowski is in the wrong thread. It's a good film, but it is overrated.

True Romance - I never get tired of the scene with Walken & Hopper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqccyUpnZwA

I can think of few better ways to die. As they say, it's better to die on your feet than live on your knees. Dennis Hopper dies on his feet (metaphorically, obviously) but you can't shake the feeling that Christopher Walken will spend the rest of his life with a chip on his shoulder that he didn't have previously, at the very least.

I agree that 'High Fidelity' is a fantastic movie, and probably the first time I came to appreciate what a lucky bastard Michael Douglas is. I also was rather surprised by the last 'Star Trek' movie- I am by no means a Trekkie, but I thought the casting was great, the storyline gripping and the movie itself watchable even for the unconverted like me. Trekkies loved it too, apparently.

'Sideways' is another one. This movie made me love Paul Giamatti. It's funny and heartbreaking at the same time, I think if they hadn't included the last minute of this movie I would have thought it quite depressing in many ways, though.

Last edited:

legend

Coach
Spy Game was good IMO. Redford and Pitt look like father and son.
Spies Like Us was funny and clever at the same time.

simmo1

First Grade
MacGruber
Black Dynamite
Hot Rods

Not underrated by those who've pissed themselves to them.

Knightmare

Coach
After watching it again last night, I would have to say that 'Can't Hardly Wait' is an underrated teen movie. When I first saw this as a 17 year old I thought it was great. When I put it on last night after having a few drinks at my place, I wondered if maybe I would go "Meh- I'm older now."

Not so, at all. The characters, although representing Highschool stereotypes, are quite likeable, and you find yourself caring about the majority of them. The soundtrack is awesome, I could be wrong in saying that at one time this movie held the record for having the most songs in it? I find this movie a lot more relevant to my own memories of Highschool, moreso than, say 'American Pie' (which was released a year afterwards). My only disappointment with this movie is that you get the distinct sense the directors' hands were tied on several occasions in order to keep a PG-13 (USA) rating for the film. I kind of wish they had gone "F**k it!" and unleashed their full creative power with this one. Oh well. Worth watching if you were born anytime after the mid 70's and looking for a light-hearted laugh and reminiscience about your Highschool days.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
That movie didnt have one good quality about it.

It wasnt clever, nor was it thrilling or scary.

I remember seeing it in the cinema and everyone was like is that it.
Read the book. I don't think it was a terrible adaption by an stretch of the imagination but I feel there was definitely something lost in translation.

Latest posts