What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nomination for most underrated movie of all time

elyod138

Bench
That movie didnt have one good quality about it.

It wasnt clever, nor was it thrilling or scary.

I remember seeing it in the cinema and everyone was like is that it.

I guess you completely missed the point of it then.

It is a dark satire on consumerism.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I hadn't seen it until two nights ago, otherwise it certainly would have had my vote. So dark and so witty.

Sugar

Bench
Here's one of my favourite films of all-time. Brilliantly acted, one of the best scores ever and beautifully shot...and yet hardly ever talked about:

Last of the Mohicans.
It was rated it won an Oscar.

For me
Donnie Darko
Blood in Blood out
The Warriors

Ghoulies

Bench
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

Not only the best movie title I've ever heard, but a top notch flick that didn't get the exposure it deserved.

OVP

Coach
Was this a Tarantino film???

It was written by Tarantino but directed by Tony Scott.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_romance

The script for Natural Born Killers had been sold when Tarantino was introduced to director Tony Scott. Tarantino was a big fan of Scott's Revenge. Scott read both True Romance and Reservoir Dogs and wanted to direct both, but Tarantino was already set to direct Reservoir Dogs, so Scott took the other. Other than the ending (Clarence was shot dead during the climactic Mexican Standoff in the script) and the ordering of the scenes, Scott's film uses Tarantino's original script.

OVP

Coach
Another movie thats under-rated is Kalifornia. I couldnt believe Ch 10 played it on TV a week or so ago.

Easily Pitt's best performance. He's a pretty bloody good actor actually, but because he's so good looking, that dickheads out there think he cant act. He is a very good actor. This movie dissolves all doubt :)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=gX3uHkNF6KA

elyod138

Bench
The New World
Buffalo '66
American Psycho
Let the Right One In
Dark City
Before Sunrise/Before Sunset

Hundreds more that I can't be bothered listing.