What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nomination for most underrated movie of all time

hellteam

First Grade
A few more additions I enjoyed very much.

- Kalifornia
- The Crazies
- The Others
- Buffalo Soldiers
- Breakdown
- Senna

Fire

First Grade
I watched 'Sin City' a few nights ago. That's a doozie of a film. Jumped on the net the next day to clear up a few things I didn't understand and saw they're making a Part Two. Can't wait.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Few forgotten gems

Down Periscope
My Fellow Americans
Layercake

Can't be bothered multi quoting but unbreakable got mentioned before. Was always supposeto be a sequel to it and was written as a two part movie. Shymalan decided to put a different spin on the super hero movie structure and instead of devoting to start of the movie to the hero developing his power/character devoted the entire movie to it with the sequel ramping it up big time and having bruce kick some serious ass. Only problem is it came out in the same week as another super hero movie i think and got smashed by it so due to the shitty box office revenue the sequel never got the green light. Bruce was apparently really disappointed he couldn't do the next one.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Two oldies that spring to mind. Maybe not underrated but definitely forgotten.

The Snake Pit - early 1950s? - starred Olivia De Havilland as a slightly unstable woman who is interred in an asylum only to deteriorate into a mess at the hands of the asylum's medical staff and doctors. It had such a profound effect at the time that the US Government was forced to implement the biggest mental health reforms in US history.

Little Big Man - early 1970s - starred Dustin Hoffman, who as an infant with his older sister, were the sole survivours of a Chyenne Indian massacre. Hoffman was brought up as an Indian but when captured as a 17 year old, his loyalty is divided between the races for most of his life. I saw this as a 12 year old and it left a huge impression.

Don't forget the craziest movies of all time!

Salo
Sweet Movie
Irreversible
A Serbian Movie
The Human Centipede

Generalzod

Immortal
The Mist

thumbnail.aspx

Tyrone Biggums

Juniors

Dunno bout of all time but still a decent movie.

The CGI is a bit iffy but the story is good and the ending is fantastic.

My answer to this thread would be....

MV5BMTI3NTQyMzU5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTM2MjgyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Probably rated pretty highly by anyone that's seen it but i'd say not even close to enough people have had a chance to watch it. Talk of a remake is...disturbing.

Latest posts