What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nomination for most underrated movie of all time

Dogs Of War

Coach
Requiem for a dream. Once you have seen it a couple of times, the music gets stuck in your head, and the catch phrases are all class. I think everybody should see this at least once.

EDIT: First time I watched it, I was very hungover, this is not a recommended state to be in when watching this. Very painful.

Will add a fairly new movie. Hobo with a shotgun. All 80's style, made in 2011. Classy!

Last edited:

Flapper

First Grade
Is The Big Lebowski underrated anymore? I'd normally agree but I think its slowly earning its deserved place in cinema history.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
enter-the-void-review.jpg

Certainly has one of the most interesting sex scenes ever, how that passed rating I'm not quite sure...

The movie itself, I'm pretty sure you need to be on copious amounts of drugs to enjoy. It was an interesting concept for a movie, but failed pretty horrifically in it's execution IMO. It's certainly a film that viewers either love or hate. In saying that, I watched it without a decent sound system at the time so it wasn't as absorbing as it could have been.

Last edited:

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
The movie itself, I'm pretty sure you need to be on copious amounts of drugs to enjoy. It was an interesting concept for a movie, but failed pretty horrifically in it's execution IMO. It's certainly a film that viewers either love or hate. In saying that, I watched it without a decent sound system at the time so it wasn't as absorbing as it could have been.
Gaspar Noe sends the viewer on a psychedelic trip. You don't need to be on drugs to experience it, Enter The Void takes you there on it's own. I found it beautiful, technically brilliant and visually stunning. The camerawork is nothing short of groundbreaking creating a genuine out of body experience. It is the 2001 of our generation.

LESStar58

Referee
American Psycho

People who would enjoy it probably avoid it because they think it's going to be a mindless slasher flick.

People who like slasher flicks watch it and don't like it because it's not a mindless slasher flick.

Love the book, hated the movie. But that's just me...

Cliffhanger

Coach
Red State is pretty good, not sure how it relates to Dogma though, Dogma wasn't dark lol. Even the ending despite all the bloodshed was funny.

But damn John Goodman is awesome.