What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nominations thread.

spider

Coach
Reports are stating the debt still isn't be serviced, hence blowing from $3m to $3.9m in quick fashion.

That is scary considering the time frame it was reduced.

Cullen is blurry eyed saying the finances are in good shape.

Inferno

Coach
I've got a question that I hope is asked of all candidates.

To date what has your involvement with the club been, and if not elected what will you do to help the club?

newman

First Grade
Reports are stating the debt still isn't be serviced, hence blowing from $3m to $3.9m in quick fashion.

That is scary considering the time frame it was reduced.

Cullen is blurry eyed saying the finances are in good shape.

f**king hell.

spider

Coach
That's second hand though Newman, but gauging from financial information that is measured quarterly things are spiraling; ill wait to see the annual report.

With the AGM date announced it will be flicked out soon.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I've got a question that I hope is asked of all candidates.

To date what has your involvement with the club been, and if not elected what will you do to help the club?

I've taken a liberty. I've sent an email to a Sharks Unity nominee asking that he and the others either join here or put a feedback mechanism on their website.

Oh and by the way, Rothfield has resigned from the DLS committee.

Megalodon

Juniors
I've taken a liberty. I've sent an email to a Sharks Unity nominee asking that he and the others either join here or put a feedback mechanism on their website.

Oh and by the way, Rothfield has resigned from the DLS committee.

He hasn't resigned, just got the webmaster of the DLSJRLFC site to remove his contact details.

Rothfield is still very much an active member of DLSJRLFC Management Committee and is still using the Telegraph and other outlets to promote and encourage voting for the De La Salle assembled ticket.

Peter Cobb

Juniors
To Newman, sorry for the delay. Work (sadly) gets in the way of a lot of things. Yes I was a member last elections, I have been a member for a long time (late 70s or early 80's). My motivation for nominating was that I had enough. I thought things had got to a stage where I would get involved to make a difference. When the ASADA issue blew up I sent an email to board member Tiernan on the 9th March 2013. I was furious with the way the board handled the issue. I asked him about fairly basic legal concepts such as due process, putting the accuser to proof and holding out inducements to players to sign documents stating that the players would not sue the board. I looked at how other Clubs like Essendon, Canterbury and Manly had handled the ASADA issue and questioned why the Sharks had responded the way they did. There was all these rumours floating around of us having to relocate, and at worse collapsing.

I believed I could do a far better job than what they did. And now some weeks later I know I could have done a better job.

As for the question about whether the Sharks carry an overdraft, I have no knowledge of the current financial set up. As for any blowout ...

jc155776

Coach
Apart from what you read in papers Cobb how do you know what went on if it due process was followed etc?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Should board members etc all be residents in the Cronulla-Sutherland area?

Special K

Coach
Who are the two clubs that you always hear about their "board"?

Us and Parra. Not a good thing...

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Apart from what you read in papers Cobb how do you know what went on if it due process was followed etc?
Pretty evident that due process has not been followed at any stage in regards to 100% of all the clubs actions. Its been a cluster f**k of left wing loony hirings that have made all decision recommendations that the board has then made, with zero thought of other possible outcomes. I would go as far to say that a potential major sponosr was close to signing & all of actions were based on not losing that customer. Which happened anyway & has made the club look a lot worse.
If PEter is a person in the tight knit legal community than I would suggest he has his finger much more on the pulse than most here.

Bjorn Pork

Juniors
Does anyone remember the letter from Gallen that we all got when we received our memberships?

I had a look at it again today and saw this line:

"Sharks Leagues Club Membership
Members over 18 years of age will receive information regarding their complimentary Sharkies Leagues Club membership shortly."

Does that mean that any member of the football club is automatically a member of the Leagues club? Complimentary means free right?

Bjorn Pork

Juniors
I thought that was always the way anyway. Member of Footy automatically member of leagues. Not the other way around.

Yeah, that's what I thought, tbh.

So any person standing for the board would then qualify as a member of the leagues club by virtue of their membership of the footy club (assuming they had that!).

Or would their membership of the leagues club still need to be ratified (along with every other footy club member)?

All it does is leave the door open for the elections to become a legal shitfight, which is not exactly what the club needs right now.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Doesn't matter Bjorn.

Leagues club membership is neither here nor there.

The condition is that there can only be 4 non footy club members on the board and nominations for the chair have to be footy club members.

Megalodon

Juniors
All candidates for the nine positions on the Board MUST be Leagues Club members.

As it stands, Glenn Coleman was the ONLY nomination for the Chair who has both Leagues Club AND Football Club membership.

There were NO other eligible nominations received by the Returning Officer for that position prior to the cut-off.

Therefore, Coleman will be made the Chair uncontested.

What will then happen is that, of the eight remaining Director positions, the first four MUST be filled by Directors who are Football Club members.

The remaining four positions are then open to people who are both Football Club members OR people who are Leagues Club only members.