What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think it's pretty key to being elitist that you aren't actually elite, and are in fact almost the polar opposite, going by all the elitists I've ever met...
Elitists are definitely smarter and wealthier than the average person though, even if they happen to be annoying, smug shits.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Who could possibly argue with this ? Fire up the coal power stations.

Made the mistake of reading the tweet and some of the responses.

Yes, Kelly’s choice of words was questionable but some of the smug f**kwits on twitter acting is if they are Dr David Karoly is pathetic.

Made the mistake of reading the tweet and some of the responses.

Yes, Kelly’s choice of words was questionable but some of the smug f**kwits on twitter acting is if they are Dr David Karoly is pathetic.
I always wonder if the constant displacement of sea waters via the huge amount of large ships and reclaimed lands has any effect on the sea level? It would be interesting to calculate it all. Pou?

Gronk

Staff member
Something something tampon tax cut for craft beer.

NCTELE_1_2018_05_04_thumb_big.jpg

Bazal

Post Whore
Minimal. Melting of big f**k off icebergs is much more significant.

Icebergs and floes and ice caps already on the surface of the ocean have no effect whatsoever when they melt, same as the ice in your drink. I can't remember what it's called but it's probably some sort of effect named after some poncy scientist.

The ice on land is the issue, glaciers and Antarctic ice and whatnot.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Adding melting water to water lowers the water level, because water is less dense than ice.

I remember getting that very question at university, and the whole class failed that question.

We assume that if the ice melts, it adds to the overall level of the water; however, physically, it does not.

Because ice is denser than water, it raises the level due to the water it displaces so that it may float - once the ice melts, it is at the same density, so the water level goes back to its original level.

I'm sure somebody smarter than me can explain it more eloquently.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Icebergs and floes and ice caps already on the surface of the ocean have no effect whatsoever when they melt, same as the ice in your drink. I can't remember what it's called but it's probably some sort of effect named after some poncy scientist.

The ice on land is the issue, glaciers and Antarctic ice and whatnot.
True. Land ice rather than water ice.