What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Kornstar

Coach
So here's the irony.

People don't like it when people get upset about a label because they think that person is playing the 'victim'.

Yet they complain so hard about the fact they can't say a word that they have probably used twice in about 10 years that they are actually also playing the 'victim' themselves.

Pretty pathetic on both sides.

Both sets of 'victims' can eat a dick.

Actually wait, probably only the first set would.

I don't like being told what to say. It's not about being a victim, I know what is right and wrong but I also think people can make mistakes and just call them out on it and not school them and belittle them to the point of humiliation.

Karl made a mistake and some of the comments I saw directed at him were appalling considering half those people throwing shade at him probably have said that word before.

You are 100% right though, I'm not sure why I'm bothering, it really is a waste of time.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't like being told what to say. It's not about being a victim, I know what is right and wrong but I also think people can make mistakes and just call them out on it and not school them and belittle them to the point of humiliation.

Karl made a mistake and some of the comments I saw directed at him were appalling considering half those people throwing shade at him probably have said that word before.

You are 100% right though, I'm not sure why I'm bothering, it really is a waste of time.

Agreed. In closing:

F**k trannys
F**k Karl Stefanovic
F**k his brother for good measure
And F**k HJ and the horse he rode in on.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't think Gronk put anyone down. He was actually pretty measured and reasonable.

You and Hiney could be hand delivered beers by a naked Jennifer Hawkins whilst being blown by her doppelgänger and would still find a way turn it into a negative.

If people find the word 'tranny' offensive then I don't see the big deal in being circumspect with my use of that word. Yeah, with several beers under my belt and in the company of friends I'm dropping T-Bombs like a chick with a dick but elsewhere I am going to moderate myself.

#ItAintHardMerkins
Well in offended Gutsy.

From what I can see, the biggest whingers are the ones who spend their time whingeing about not being 'allowed' to call other people X, Y or Z. And then there's those who use the old ploy 'This might not be politically correct, but gee, black people/women/gays/left-handed people are really stupid aren't they'. And typically, throw every person of a particular description into one set and say 'They want this, then are upset when they get treated like X'.

Fanbase

Juniors
Lot of Lefty bleeding hearts on here yeah. i'm Asian, my parents came here on a boat but we know from where we come from you can't open the boarders like jesica row wants, stupid women. and we know when you try to tell people what they can and cat think and say it leads to a bad social place. too much is let go these days yeah for the sake of not offending anyone no matter if its good or bad. but don't expect the winging lefties on here to understand, they live in fairy land and everything is sweet
and my family is forever grateful to the white aussies who built tis land up and allowed us to becose part of it so we adopted the aussie way of life. not the multicultural way

strider

Post Whore
So I'd prefer to get blown by Jen Hawkins and have her doppelgänger serve me beers if that's ok. Better bragging rights. Unless she's bad at it, oh who am i kidding it wouldn't matter
Does it even matter? ... if she looks exactly like her

Kornstar

Coach
From what I can see, the biggest whingers are the ones who spend their time whingeing about not being 'allowed' to call other people X, Y or Z. And then there's those who use the old ploy 'This might not be politically correct, but gee, black people/women/gays/left-handed people are really stupid aren't they'. And typically, throw every person of a particular description into one set and say 'They want this, then are upset when they get treated like X'.

I can tell you now I have no interest in wanting to say "all black people/women/gays/left-handed people are really stupid". I did say that I will treat each individual on how they are to me, not based on any other pre determined reason.

There are also stereo types for each of those individuals (and white people) that I guarantee EVERYONE has had a laugh at in their lifetime, so making someone else feel guilty for saying something is hypocritical.

So for me it is not about being allowed to call people X, Y or Z, it is about not tearing someone down when they make a mistake like Karl did.

Sure, I know a lot of bogans who are racist as f**k and I just can't go with them when they attack (in words, not physically) a race or group. That I am not ok with. But on the odd occasion I have laughed at or pointed out a stereo type of a particular group but obliviously in company I know I'm not offending, I equally laugh at stereo types about me when people of other groups say to me.

Sometimes friends of different backgrounds have a laugh at each other's expense......it's definitely what Aussies do! remember, we are a multicultural country, I grew up in the south west, I know people of all different ethnicities and groups, racism was never really a problem for us cause we all put as much shit on each other and never once did we have any issues.

Now everyone just wants to ensure everyone's feelings are 100% fine just incase someone looking at you doesn't make you feel offended.

I'm sorry for having a discussion (or whinging in your words) over something in society that annoys me.

The funnier thing is, I just put down thoughts on an Internet forum that go through my head some of which I'm not even sure is how I feel, just thoughts for discussion but one thing you learn is that you aren't allowed to even think about having thoughts and you must fit in on the good side otherwise you are a bad person.

It is fun though.....people fascinate me......

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Conversation with Mrs Gutful this morning who was out at a work thing last night.

G: Where did you go?

Mrs G: Up bar and Kerbside.

G: What did you have to drink?

Mrs G: I had a couple of spiced rums.

G: Kraken?

Mrs G: What?

G: Kraken, the spiced rum.

Mrs G: Oh no it was Johnny something, Johny f**kbag.

G: I don't think it was Johnny f**kbag.

Mrs G: Wait, Jerry something.

G: Sailor Jerry's?

Mrs G: Yeah, that's it!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I can tell you now I have no interest in wanting to say "all black people/women/gays/left-handed people are really stupid". I did say that I will treat each individual on how they are to me, not based on any other pre determined reason.

There are also stereo types for each of those individuals (and white people) that I guarantee EVERYONE has had a laugh at in their lifetime, so making someone else feel guilty for saying something is hypocritical.

So for me it is not about being allowed to call people X, Y or Z, it is about not tearing someone down when they make a mistake like Karl did.

Sure, I know a lot of bogans who are racist as f**k and I just can't go with them when they attack (in words, not physically) a race or group. That I am not ok with. But on the odd occasion I have laughed at or pointed out a stereo type of a particular group but obliviously in company I know I'm not offending, I equally laugh at stereo types about me when people of other groups say to me.

Sometimes friends of different backgrounds have a laugh at each other's expense......it's definitely what Aussies do! remember, we are a multicultural country, I grew up in the south west, I know people of all different ethnicities and groups, racism was never really a problem for us cause we all put as much shit on each other and never once did we have any issues.

Now everyone just wants to ensure everyone's feelings are 100% fine just incase someone looking at you doesn't make you feel offended.

I'm sorry for having a discussion (or whinging in your words) over something in society that annoys me.

The funnier thing is, I just put down thoughts on an Internet forum that go through my head some of which I'm not even sure is how I feel, just thoughts for discussion but one thing you learn is that you aren't allowed to even think about having thoughts and you must fit in on the good side otherwise you are a bad person.

It is fun though.....people fascinate me......

Well said.