What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Haynzy

First Grade
That guitar tuner thingy looks pretty cool.
I wonder if they do one for double bass or fretless bass guitar?
It kinda takes your ears out of it though.
I can see how it'd be handy for those singer/songwriters that use heaps of weird tunings.

Gronk

Staff member
Rugby league legend Jarrod McCracken has bankruptcy extended until 2021
By Ben Millington
Updated yesterday at 8:34am

PHOTO: Jarrod McCracken, pictured here in 2005, made millions in property on the Gold Coast. (AAP: Dean Lewins)
MAP: Townsville 4810
Former rugby league star and property mogul Jarrod McCracken has been referred to authorities for allegedly failing to declare his income and travelling overseas while bankrupt.

No charges have been laid against Mr McCracken, but both alleged offences would carry potential jail terms.

Mr McCracken was declared bankrupt in 2013 with $20 million in debts related to various property developments.

The trustee of his bankrupt estate, Nick Crouch, said he has referred Mr McCracken to the Australian Financial Security Authority for allegedly working as a project manager during construction of the Rambutan Backpackers resort in Townsville in north Queensland.

Mr Crouch estimated the value of Mr McCracken's services at $1.1 million.

In that time he said Mr McCracken has declared an annual income of zero.

Mr McCracken was not available to comment but has said he was only working on a volunteer basis for his then 18-year-old son, whose company Jag Projects was building the $20 million resort.

Mr Crouch said he was also investigating how Mr McCracken's son came into possession of the land and entered into a deal to build the multimillion-dollar resort with an investor.

Mr Crouch has also accused Mr McCracken of travelling overseas to Bali without consent and attempting to fly to New Zealand before being taken off the plane by Australian Federal Police.

The penalty for leaving the country without permission while bankrupt is between three to five years jail, he said.

Mr Crouch said the AFSA was considering the merit of all alleged contraventions and was funding the trustee to undertake more investigations.

In the meantime the trustee extended Mr McCracken's bankruptcy by five years.

An appeal by Mr McCracken was dismissed.

Mr McCracken started his rugby league career with the Canterbury bulldogs and later captained the Parramatta Eels, the West Tigers and the national team of New Zealand.

He represented New Zealand 22 times between 1991 and 1999.

His career was cut short in 2000 after being injured in a spear tackle.

He went on to make millions of dollars in the Gold Coast property boom.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-06/jarrod-mccracken-has-bankruptcy-extended-until-2021/7696180

phantom eel

First Grade
Sounds very dodgy. You can take the boy out of the Bulldogs, but...

How f**king dodgy is property development in general though? I would never trust anyone involved in the industry at that level.

art_Roy-Spagnolo-car-jpg-420x0.jpg

phantom eel

First Grade
Wonder if he's given up on the Eels, now that some form of credibility will presumably be required to get a place back on our Board/s?

phantom eel

First Grade
I'm actually guessing that was another stellar, in-depth and on-topic contribution from an esteemed forum poster...

Gronk

Staff member
Won't feel confident until the merkin actually loses the vote... people can do the stupidest things.

Very true. There is a massive "regret" faction of Brexit who voted yes as a protest vote, but never thought that it would actually get up.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...esson-in-the-danger-of-protest-votes-20160626

I think we have experienced the same thing here with the LOL I'll show 'em Pauline Hanson vote. Now she controls 4 (?) seats in the senate. Idiots.

phantom eel

First Grade
They're probably more qualified to give political analysis than the Daily Telegraph is qualified to report on rugby league...

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I would have thought it was from a beer snob + tits magazine ?

5948248.jpg
The beer snob side of me thinks that it is just a cheap stunt and probably provides a fairly rudimentary assessment of craft beer.

But then the rest of me just thinks "Boooooooobbbbbssss".

Gronk

Staff member
I did online Sunday. Family of 4 was knocked over in less than 10 mins.

Latest posts