What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
How long did it take??

about 40 mins over 2 days, it depends on how you answer some as it can open a tin of worms and they ask another heap of questions

I should have never married a pom although she came here when she was 10

Avenger

Immortal
Sometimes things in life happen which have a dramatic effect on your own life. My father who had stage 3 bowel cancer last year had his annual check up today and the cancer has now spread to his liver and nodes. His English is shit so I had to go with him and interpret the results. He has to have chemo again after only doing two courses of it last year because he was treated by that suspended Doctor who has been in the news lately for treating his patients inadequately.

Look I'm a fairly tough guy emotionally, dad is nearly 74 and I know parents get old and eventually leave us but seeing the fear in his eyes today will haunt me for the rest of my life.

I feel stupid writing this here. f**k I have only met a handful of you guys in person but know one thing. Life will bring you challenges,'be prepared and don't take shit for granted. I know many here have recently lost loved ones including our friend yy cheng. I have never even met the man but when I recently read about his loss I was genuinely saddened knowing what he went through.

Some advice to everyone. Get regular check ups especially if you are over 50. My dad always was putting shit off. Don't.

Apologies for the long post. Just writing this is therapeutic. I'm trying to stay strong and positive for my own immediate family. But it's tough. I actually feel slightly better now.

All the best guys.

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
Sometimes things in life happen which have a dramatic effect on your own life. My father who had stage 3 bowel cancer last year had his annual check up today and the cancer has now spread to his liver and nodes. His English is shit so I had to go with him and interpret the results. He has to have chemo again after only doing two courses of it last year because he was treated by that suspended Doctor who has been in the news lately for not treating his patients adequately.

Look I'm a fairly tough guy emotionally, dad is nearly 74 and I know parents get old and eventually leave us but seeing the fear in his eyes today will haunt me for the rest of my life.

I feel stupid writing this here. f**k I have only met a handful of you guys in person but know one thing. Life will bring you challenges,'be prepared and don't take shit for granted. I know many here have recently lost loved ones including our friend yy cheng. I have never even met the man but when I recently read about his loss I was genuinely saddened knowing what he went through.

Some advice to everyone. Get regular check ups especially if you are over 50. My dad always was putting shit off. Don't.

Apologies for the long post. Just writing this is therapeutic. I'm trying to stay strong and positive for my own immediate family. But it's tough. I actually feel slightly better now.

All the best guys.

Sorry to hear mate, I hope your old man gets the proper treatment this time round and gives you plenty more years together.

Gronk

Staff member
Sometimes things in life happen which have a dramatic effect on your own life. My father who had stage 3 bowel cancer last year had his annual check up today and the cancer has now spread to his liver and nodes. His English is shit so I had to go with him and interpret the results. He has to have chemo again after only doing two courses of it last year because he was treated by that suspended Doctor who has been in the news lately for not treating his patients adequately.

All the best guys.

Big love to you and your Tata mate.

ash411

Bench
Sometimes things in life happen which have a dramatic effect on your own life. My father who had stage 3 bowel cancer last year had his annual check up today and the cancer has now spread to his liver and nodes. His English is shit so I had to go with him and interpret the results. He has to have chemo again after only doing two courses of it last year because he was treated by that suspended Doctor who has been in the news lately for not treating his patients inadequately.

All the best guys.
Sorry to hear Avy, sending positive thoughts you & your dad's way.

Delboy

First Grade
Stay strong and keep loving your dad, us older guys all like to think we are bullet proof, and unfortunately that's not the case

You Balkan boys will pull through this

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
Sometimes things in life happen which have a dramatic effect on your own life. My father who had stage 3 bowel cancer last year had his annual check up today and the cancer has now spread to his liver and nodes. His English is shit so I had to go with him and interpret the results. He has to have chemo again after only doing two courses of it last year because he was treated by that suspended Doctor who has been in the news lately for not treating his patients inadequately.

All the best guys.

Thoughts are with all the Avenger family!

You don't need to feel stupid writing this here, we communicate with each other here each day whether we all agree or not and we get to know the personalities of each poster and with the exception of only a few this forum is full of good guys.

This is our little community and no one wants anyone to be in pain or sad.

Hope it all works out for your dad.

Suitman

Post Whore
Very sorry to hear that Avenger.
I'm glad you spilled your beans here though.
You'll get plenty of support from us. Don't hesitate to keep us updated.
My prayers are with you and your family.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
Sad news avenger

For what its worth, my mum had bowel cancer and then liver cancer when i was 16 and 18. She had her entire bowel removed in the first operation. Then was given 3 months by the doctor when they found her liver had 3 lumps. But she got a second opinion and a marvellous professor working at westmead nearing the end of his career said he thought he could operate.

Its now 27 years later and she's kicking on. I know she is one of the lucky ones and every situation is different, but good things can happen. Stay as positive as you can for him - i think it can help.

IFR33K

Coach
Sometimes things in life happen which have a dramatic effect on your own life. My father who had stage 3 bowel cancer last year had his annual check up today and the cancer has now spread to his liver and nodes. His English is shit so I had to go with him and interpret the results. He has to have chemo again after only doing two courses of it last year because he was treated by that suspended Doctor who has been in the news lately for treating his patients inadequately.

All the best guys.

God bless you and your loved ones, especially your dad. Be strong for him and the rest of the family. Don't dwell on the cancer itself, but reflect on the times, laughs and love u shared. I'm sure he raised a good family, and from what I hear of you, I'm sure he's proud. Hopes and prayers are with you guys, and may he love to 100!!!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sorry to here Avenger, all the best for you and you old man.

I lost my dad a few years due to Bowel cancer, it's a terrible thing hopefully the doctors can do something for him.

eels_fan

First Grade
Sad news Avenger. Wishing you father strength and courage for the journey ahead and prayers for you and all your family

Gronk

Staff member
Trump overnight planted the seed for people to vote multiple times so that he can get over the line. He's done that by suggesting that pro Hillary voters have already done it. He's a manipulative merkin.

CpcFHPhVMAEfZYH.jpg

Meanwhile former USA Ambassador Kim Beazely has written an essay about the mad merkin and what it will mean to Australia if he gets in. Scary stuff.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/kim-beazley-warns-of-need-for-forceful-and-sustained-australian-response-to-trump-presidency-20160809-gqoocg.html

Parra47

Juniors

All the best guys.
Avenger, 8 years ago I lost the most important person in the world to me and I still live with that pain every day. There is no right way or wrong way for you to express your grief, it is yours and we are all different and so react and deal with terrible news in our own way.
Words mean little but I hope for the best possible result for your father and your family.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont get why people are bitching about the Census being done online and say they will only fill it out on paper.

Seriously ?

What do they think happens to the data on the paper when it reaches the Census office ?