What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
Solar is the way to go.
And as Solar gets more popular and batteries more efficient electric cars will be.
But the technology is 10yrs away. Why waste money of charging stations now that will be old technology in 10yrs.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yet, countries like India and China are chewing up coal like it's going out of style. They will still be burning a bazillion tonnes coal to charge their electric cars. And here we are, closing down coal fired power stations. The hypocrisy from these other countries.
https://www.carbonbrief.org/mapped-worlds-coal-power-plants

I don't really understand the idea it's hypocritical, unless they're demanding we stop. But yes, their consumption of all forms of energy is growing, I guess that's what happens in economies that grow that f**kng fast.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I agree we should be doing it from an environmental point of view. The thing is that at this point in time, it is less environmentally friendly to do so. Until we can provide cleaner electricity, that's the way it is.

What we are talking about here though is a policy to have a target of 50% of new cars sold as ev's in ten years time,

Then we also have policy around addressing cleaner generation ( ret's etc )

So it's not one or the other, it's both.

I might go out and buy a supercharged V8 Commodore. Sounds like it's better logic than some of the rhetoric in here. As it stands at the moment, we are nowhere near ready to go down the electric car path. This just sounds like more a road orientated version of HELE power stations V wind and solar. They need to get a whole lot of ducks in a row first.
You'll probably have a lot more fun in an AWD turbo 4. Not the quickest thing on the road but Jesus H f**king Christ! they handle like on rails and the power is nothing to sneeze at. That is unless you havn't got burn outs and hand brakies out of your system yet.

Eelogical

Referee
You'll probably have a lot more fun in an AWD turbo 4. Not the quickest thing on the road but Jesus H f**king Christ! they handle like on rails and the power is nothing to sneeze at. That is unless you havn't got burn outs and hand brakies out of your system yet.
I was being facetious. I have no need to get to the shops that quickly and road trips are meant to be enjoyed for the sights and company, not how fast one can go. But, you knew that already, amirite?

I was being facetious. I have no need to get to the shops that quickly and road trips are meant to be enjoyed for the sights and company, not how fast one can go. But, you knew that already, amirite?
Well you can't ever really know on a forum can you? i guessed but just in case you were considering it. I still have a lil bit of the boy racer left in me and enjoy a spirited drive on occasion. No more burnouts or handbrakies though (awd) but can still heel n toe it. Shit, who am I kidding? the car I have now is the first car I've owned where I can heel and toe it without putting my hip out.

hindy111

Post Whore
After 4 weeks the package has been updated and returned to sender.
If anyone was curious to what happend to my package.

Gronk

Staff member
Vegans continuing to endear themselves to normal people

D3l4wkjUYAE5cbp

hindy111

Post Whore
Would cows become extinct if we didnt eat them? They would serve no purpose
Have these Vegans ever wondered if they as humans are being farmed as well for the system/economy.

Gronk

Staff member
Would cows become extinct if we didnt eat them? They would serve no purpose
Have these Vegans ever wondered if they as humans are being farmed as well for the system/economy.

According to calculations by some experts, this puts the livestock sector on par with transport. The U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change says transport is responsible for 14 percent of emissions.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...warming-one-cow-belch-at-a-time-idUSKBN1K91CU

I think you need to work out what "farmed" means before you hang your hat on the last sentence.