What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
geez Izzy seems to be completely brainwashed

wonder if he also believes in the tooth fairy

hindy111

Post Whore
geez Izzy seems to be completely brainwashed

wonder if he also believes in the tooth fairy

He is entitled to his beliefs mate as does any other religious person. Best he isn't twittering all about it sure but you making fun of his beliefs is just as bad.

Gronk

Staff member
He is entitled to his beliefs mate as does any other religious person. Best he isn't twittering all about it sure but you making fun of his beliefs is just as bad.
I am an equal opportunity sledger. I will make fun of ALL people's imaginary friends.

Seriously but, telling all and sundry that 4 out of 5 people are going to burn in hell is no different to ISIS merkins saying the same. It's social media terrorism.

This guy is a high profile sportsman FFS getting paid $1m+ and is blackening the name of his employers and affiliated sponsors. He's got to shut up or go.

hindy111

Post Whore
I am an equal opportunity sledger. I will make fun of ALL people's imaginary friends.

Seriously but, telling all and sundry that 4 out of 5 people are going to burn in hell is no different to ISIS merkins saying the same. It's social media terrorism.

This guy is a high profile sportsman FFS getting paid $1m+ and is blackening the name of his employers and affiliated sponsors. He's got to shut up or go.

Agree...
But Mick is real.

hindy111

Post Whore
Is it an investment property ? Is it negatively geared ?

Labor will grandfather this stuff starting 1 Jan.

No I rent now while I rent my house to others but sick of renting so want to sell house and buy a house to live in.

Gronk

Staff member
No I rent now while I rent my house to others but sick of renting so want to sell house and buy a house to live in.
Don't know about the market. Too many variables out of a people's control.

If Labor win there will be a spike in the market by merkins trying to get an investment property before 1 Jan. Big spike, little spike who knows.

Dibs

Bench

But if a person isn’t religious why would they care if someone says they are going to burn in hell? It would be different if he said they should be stoned to death for their sins, that may be closer to social media terrorism. However your last point is really all that matters. He is shitting in the hand that feeds him

Gronk

Staff member
But if a person isn’t religious why would they care if someone says they are going to burn in hell? It would be different if he said they should be stoned to death for their sins, that may be closer to social media terrorism. However your last point is really all that matters. He is shitting in the hand that feeds him

I am not going into bat for the atheists. They (like me) are well equipped to just have a good old larf at Izzy.

However, there are millions of merkins out there who do have religious beliefs yet their Jesus loves them all and forgives the fallible.

Dibs

Bench
I am not going into bat for the atheists. They (like me) are well equipped to just have a good old larf at Izzy.

However, there are millions of merkins out there who do have religious beliefs yet their Jesus loves them all and forgives the fallible.
And doesn’t he say that Jesus will forgive them?

Gronk

Staff member
And doesn’t he say that Jesus will forgive them?

Yeah but only his Jesus. If you worship another Jesus, then you are an idolator.
images

Bazal

Post Whore
But if a person isn’t religious why would they care if someone says they are going to burn in hell?

I mean, if someone is struggling already for eg and sees someone like Folau posting stuff like that, you don't think it could have a pretty big impact on them whether they believe in sky fairies or not?

It's about the implication that they are "wrong" or "unnatural" or somehow less than others, not so much the particular imaginary entity involved.

Dibs

Bench
I mean, if someone is struggling already for eg and sees someone like Folau posting stuff like that, you don't think it could have a pretty big impact on them whether they believe in sky fairies or not?

It's about the implication that they are "wrong" or "unnatural" or somehow less than others, not so much the particular imaginary entity involved.
Big impact? No. It’s not like it’s a shock that people have these beliefs.

Bazal

Post Whore
Big impact? No. It’s not like it’s a shock that people have these beliefs.

So you've been in that situation and have the experience to suggest that seeing stuff like this often (Folau is not the only person who posts this shit) has little to no impact? That the idea that there are a large number of people who basically think they are evil or wrong because of the way they were born is meaningless to them?

I wonder why the suicide rate is so high in people with other sexualities then...?

Snoochies

First Grade
Funny thing is Izzy is proclaiming the Bible but he believes in a pagan mythical hell.
Hell literally just means the grave and it's been twisted over the years. 4 words, Sheol, Hades, Gehenna and Tartarus have been translated as hell. Sheol means grave, Hades is the greek translation of Sheol, Gehenna is a literal place outside of Jeruselum and Tarturus was a word used in Greek mythology for a place of torture. Tarturus was not used for humans.

So yes, I'm off to hell as well.