What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

strider

Post Whore
Pfft Casper Ware is just a nuffy who played for Melbourne last year.

1EiX.gif
He is a player who couldnt quite make it in the NBA ... journey man in other foreign leagues ... top player in a league like the NBL

T.S Quint

Coach
The only reason Folau's rants reach so far is cos every f**ker wants to be outraged by them ... ignore the merkin

People should be outraged by them, and he should be taken to task for it.
I probably said this the last time he decided to publicly say something bigoted and hateful, but even though I am all for people having religious beliefs and free speech, in this day and age it is not ok to have these sorts of thought in the first place. If this is what his religion is teaching him then it is a stupid religion and should be abolished. If it’s just his own ideas of what he believes his religion teaches then he should be shamed into oblivion for his disgusting and bigoted views.

I’m glad he’s lost his job over this. f**k you Israel Folau. Go off and use your new-found extra spare time to learn how to be a better human being.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I believe outrage culture is very real ... been around for ages but the internet has ramped it up like crazy - and the media are all over it like flies on shit cos they know people will lap it up.

And all those numbers of followers likely overlap ... and 50% of em are probably fake/expired ... and 50% of whats left are probably religious nutters like himself anyway

He is reaching the greater masses via outrage - the media knows people lap up the outrage so they push it like theres no tomorrow to get their clicks
One way to minimise the outrage is to minimise his relevance. Sacking him from his job and therefore his popularity (after this dies down) will do just that. I don’t think he’ll walk into another code in Australia so along with his outdated views goes the outrage culture he feeds off.

strider

Post Whore
One way to minimise the outrage is to minimise his relevance. Sacking him from his job and therefore his popularity (after this dies down) will do just that. I don’t think he’ll walk into another code in Australia so along with his outdated views goes the outrage culture he feeds off.
He will sign with the f**king Broncos

strider

Post Whore
People should be outraged by them, and he should be taken to task for it.
I probably said this the last time he decided to publicly say something bigoted and hateful, but even though I am all for people having religious beliefs and free speech, in this day and age it is not ok to have these sorts of thought in the first place. If this is what his religion is teaching him then it is a stupid religion and should be abolished. If it’s just his own ideas of what he believes his religion teaches then he should be shamed into oblivion for his disgusting and bigoted views.

I’m glad he’s lost his job over this. f**k you Israel Folau. Go off and use your new-found extra spare time to learn how to be a better human being.
No. Just ignore him for the dumb uneducated footballer he is ... dont give him the attention and he has nothing

Happy MEel

First Grade
Can’t see the NRL registering a contract.
Good call MEely.

ARL Commission rule out an NRL return for Israel Folau

Speculation that Israel Folau could end up back in the NRL has been quickly put to bed with the ARL Commission putting a thick red line through his name.

Folau, a former rugby league star, is set to be sacked by Rugby Australia (RA) following an inflammatory social media post that attacked various groups of people including homosexuals.

Talk immediately flared up that the former Melbourne and Brisbane flyer might seek to return to the 13-man code, but ARLC chairman Peter Beattie said he would not be welcome.

“Israel Folau doesn’t pass our inclusive test,” Beattie told The Daily Telegraph.

RA said it had made repeated attempts to contact the fullback since his controversial Instagram post claiming “hell awaits” gays on Wednesday.

“In the absence of compelling mitigating factors, it is our intention to terminate his contract,” the statement said.

https://apple.news/A2YQ59qxNQs2VnG_CDUFecw

Latest posts