What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Avenger

Immortal
I post on another non footy related forum more than here now.

It’s sad, I love our team but this joint unless it’s match day isn’t that much fun anymore.

Gronk

Staff member
Izzy wants free speech. He is certainly free to say what he wants in this country. His employer is certainly also free to sack him if he has breached employment conditions. Off to court they go....

Avenger

Immortal
I agree. It’s full of pissants. Pissants that I’d like to crush.
It’s not that Gaz. Your passive aggressive nature is however a contributing factor. And you’re not as funny as you think. You are quite bright though.

I reckon we would get along in the real world.

hindy111

Post Whore
It’s not that Gaz. Your passive aggressive nature is however a contributing factor. And you’re not as funny as you think. You are quite bright though.

I actually think me and you would. We woukd eat Halva and dried meats.
I think Gary could be opinionated after a few schooners and perhaps enjoy a debate over a laugh. He would require to much mental stimulation .

hindy111

Post Whore
So answer me this.
Labor talk about making the min wage higher .Am I missing something or are people paid for skill and responsibitly along with job difficulty ?

Example Low skill gets $22hr. Person with more skill and responsibitly gets $28.And so on....
If guy on min wage gets $25hr then guy with more responsibility says hey I aint taken on this responsibitly for extra $90 a week I want more...
The trades go well if this guy gets $32 and does t need an appre nticeship and is a less dangerous job I want more...

So then everything goes up?

Am I missing something? I mean if low skilln get paid more then it encourages more people to want to do those jobs and this will create shortage of applicants form other jobs which will drive price up. Basic supply and demand

Gronk

Staff member
So answer me this.
Labor talk about making the min wage higher .Am I missing something or are people paid for skill and responsibitly along with job difficulty ?

Example Low skill gets $22hr. Person with more skill and responsibitly gets $28.And so on....
If guy on min wage gets $25hr then guy with more responsibility says hey I aint taken on this responsibitly for extra $90 a week I want more...
The trades go well if this guy gets $32 and does t need an appre nticeship and is a less dangerous job I want more...

Am I missing something? I mean if low skilln get paid more then it encourages more people to want to do those jobs and this will create shortage of applicants form other jobs which will drive price up. Basic supply and demand

I paid a plumber $350/h for the first hour and $180/h thereafter this morning.

Gronk

Staff member
So answer me this.

I think that when the minimum wage means that merkins live in poverty, then we are better than that. Purists from the right want the market (rather than the government) to regulate the min wage. Do you really think that they can be trusted not to force the great divide between the haves and have nots ? The USA don't have much or any min hourly rates and look where that has gotten them.

Avenger

Immortal
I actually think me and you would. We woukd eat Halva and dried meats.
I think Gary could be opinionated after a few schooners and perhaps enjoy a debate over a laugh. He would require to much mental stimulation .
I picture Gary as being a little bloke. Gaz am I right? Less than 180cm?

Gronk

Staff member
Standard plumber? I think perhaps $140 for first and $90 is reasonable. I would use sole traders and should find for $75-$85

Yeah I know, I used to have a plumber but he retired. This time I asked around and ended up with this dude. Nice guy but pricey.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

I get along with virtually everyone in the real world.

Even people who try hard but fail to get a rise out of me.

I picture Gary as being a little bloke. Gaz am I right? Less than 180cm?
6ft 1 if you must know.

Kornstar

Coach
I think that when the minimum wage means that merkins live in poverty, then we are better than that. Purists from the right want the market (rather than the government) to regulate the min wage. Do you really think that they can be trusted not to force the great divide between the haves and have nots ? The USA don't have much or any min hourly rates and look where that has gotten them.

I think if someone is getting paid the minimum wage in this country there is probably a reason......obviously there would be exceptions.

In saying that though, raise the minimum wage and they will whinge they are paying more tax, generally the people on minimum wage like to think they are the biggest victims of all even though once they start having kids they end up not paying any tax because they get it all back from the government. In my opinion those are the people we should discourage having children because they get caught in the cycle......

What they really want is to get paid $80 an hour but not pay any tax and they don't want to earn it, just give it to them, they are victims after all and what victims usually get? Compensated........

Latest posts