What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well your comment was in response to my assertion that the words of a fundamentalist aren't dangerous. If dangerous people are looking for justification it's wrong to blame the one doing the justifying.
I'm not blaming anyone. I'm just suggesting that it is possible for someone to be genuinely influenced by the words of others. Surely we can agree on that?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Sure but does that make the influence dangerous?
Less dangerous than the action but it still contains a degree of danger. Not sure how anyone could legitimately suggest that it doesn't. That was your original inference.

That said, I am completely opposed to any attempts to use my argument as a vehicle to control free speech. Thats f**ken bullshit.

hindy111

Post Whore
For Izzy, you’d refer him to a mental health assessment scale, scroll down to towards delusional psychosis.

Here we go....
Like I said earlier, there are no facts just interpretations.
You support the big bang and monkeys turning into humans idea

Bazal

Post Whore
Here we go....

Thing is you can track the big bang. Even today. No one with half a brain disputes that the big bang happened.

The question is why? Or maybe better, how?

hindy111

Post Whore
Thing is you can track the big bang. Even today. No one with half a brain disputes that the big bang happened.

The question is why? Or maybe better, how?

And what was there before that and what created that?
Nobody knows.

My mate Jack Diplock reckons we are part of a kids school science project and he created the big bang by adding some chemicals on purpose

Bazal

Post Whore
And what was there before that and what created that?
Nobody knows.

My mate Jack Diplock reckons we are part of a kids school science project and he created the big bang by adding some chemicals on purpose

Well if you want to get really crazy, there's apparently plenty of evidence that we're just part of a simulation

Gronk

Staff member
Here we go....

There are facts when it comes to science. There are no facts when it comes to religion.

84 Baby

Referee
Here we go....
If I can routinely test something to determine how it works/it’s existence, would you not call that a fact?
True there may be something at an even finer level but it doesn’t negate the factual evidence above it.
The difference between your “facts and interpretations” is faith. Religion is faith in the existence of something irregardless of everything else. Pure faith would be even willing to question your own existence before questioning the existence of whatever higher power. Science doesn’t place faith in anything, rather stating you can and should test existence, not just take it as gospel