What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
You know I knew you would say that. Can you show me any Australians that represent other "Australians" like Keysar who endorse polygamy or at least yearn for a favourable rule change?

Try here:

https://www.google.com.au/
Polygamy is an interesting topic.

It seems that the law exists only because the bible says so.

TBH what harm does it actually do to society ?

Other than bygamy by deceit, I am open to polygamy at this point. I'd like to hear the case against it TBH.

As it stands we have a lot of bad shit in our society however living in a large family unit like the merkin in Utah does not seem to be one of them.

It seems to me that the argument against non traditional families lacks substance.

EDIT: BTW I dont think that the Utah guy is married to all those women. It's more like a defacto thing.

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
Polygamy is an interesting topic.

It seems that the law exists only because the bible says so.

TBH what harm does it actually do to society ?

Other than bygamy by deceit, I am open to polygamy at this point. I'd like to hear the case against it TBH.

As it stands we have a lot of bad shit in our society however living in a large family unit like the merkin in Utah does not seem to be one of them.

It seems to me that the argument against non traditional families lacks substance.

EDIT: BTW I dont think that the Utah guy is married to all those women. It's more like a defacto thing.
I haven't given this much thought but off the top of my head I'd suggest it could open up a can of worms with spouse visas.

It could also encourage welfare rorting with benefits being paid to multiple partners/wives. (However, a quick google search found that this could be happening regardless).

Gronk

Staff member
FMD Bill, get it right.

Labor got a kid in front of the media yesterday to tell us how he'll lose $100 a week because of the cut in Sunday penalty rates from 100% to 50%.

Thing is that a) the kid works for Coles, so under their enterprise bargaining agreement he is outside the award and b) the kid is a labor foot soldier.

8298370-1x1-340x340.png

8298346-3x2-700x467.jpg

hindy111

Post Whore
Hey Avenger and gronk i might need help with my portfolio soon.
How does it work? Do i need to draw a graph or pie chart?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
FMD Bill, get it right.

Labor got a kid in front of the media yesterday to tell us how he'll lose $100 a week because of the cut in Sunday penalty rates from 100% to 50%.

Thing is that a) the kid works for Coles, so under their enterprise bargaining agreement he is outside the award and b) the kid is a labor foot soldier.

8298370-1x1-340x340.png

8298346-3x2-700x467.jpg
Shorten is such a plonker.

hindy111

Post Whore
Shorten is such a plonker.

Bill Shorten is an ex union? That's says it all......
I bumped into Tony Abott down the sth coast with a mate called Tony. My mate said- Hi Tony I'm Tony.
And Tony says - Its a pleasure to meet you Tony. Then there was maybe a 10 second pause of silence. And we all just went in our own direction. Was quite akward.

Gronk

Staff member
No my parents have 25 acres in Orchard hills and developers want turn into blocks. Its like the castle but in real life.

Tell them that you want the sale to be conditional upon a block to be transferred into your name and that any stamp duty payable is to be borne by the developer (depending on value of the block, you may be eligible for First Home New Home stamp duty discounts).

Apply for First Home Buyer Grant ($10,000) build a house on it within 12 months, live it in for at least 6 months of the first 12 months (be careful of CGT but), then flog it.

http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/first-home-buyers

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I bumped into Tony Abott down the sth coast with a mate called Tony. My mate said- Hi Tony I'm Tony.
And Tony says - Its a pleasure to meet you Tony. Then there was maybe a 10 second pause of silence. And we all just went in our own direction. Was quite akward.
Abbott and Talkbull aren't much better.

No wonder a clown like Hanson has become so popular the major parties are offering very little.

strider

Post Whore
Best story EVER

Gronk

Staff member

Best story EVER

Poor Tone was behind the door when they were giving out personalities.

Gronk

Staff member
You think other polies would do better when not kissing ass on the campaign trail?

Abbott is on the campaign trail. He still thinks he has a chance to be PM again. <sigh>

But he needs to pull his head in. Even his (former) cheer squad has abandoned him.

Latest posts