What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
It could also be in line with the increasing cost of housing (and living in general), where couples are cohabiting and choosing to dedicate their finances to the cost of entering the housing market v the cost of getting married.
These couples are therefore classed as de facto in the census.

Average age of de facto male is 35 and female 33.

There are no stats if they they are home owners.

hindy111

Post Whore
Tell them that you want the sale to be conditional upon a block to be transferred into your name and that any stamp duty payable is to be borne by the developer (depending on value of the block, you may be eligible for First Home New Home stamp duty discounts).

Apply for First Home Buyer Grant ($10,000) build a house on it within 12 months, live it in for at least 6 months of the first 12 months (be careful of CGT but), then flog it.

http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/first-home-buyers

No id be happy with a van and a matress and a little gas cooker. I dont do fancy. Id feel like a dickhead driving a beamer. And i dont like attention.

Last edited:
It could also be in line with the increasing cost of housing (and living in general), where couples are cohabiting and choosing to dedicate their finances to the cost of entering the housing market v the cost of getting married.

that's a fair point if you added up what it costs to get married in sydney especially for an upmarket wedding with all the bells and whistles it could be a house deposit

It started in Jerusalem. They hide the worm holes to universe there.

d3846fdb5eed735d5d34f9adce26f09d.jpg

Kornstar

Coach
that's a fair point if you added up what it costs to get married in sydney especially for an upmarket wedding with all the bells and whistles it could be a house deposit

Yep, wish I had of saved the money that we spent on our wedding and bought a better house! Absolute waste of money getting married.

Yep, wish I had of saved the money that we spent on our wedding and bought a better house! Absolute waste of money getting married.

i have heard some couples say they are getting flowers for a birthday party because they know as soon as the florist hears 'wedding' they will jack the prices up

Happy MEel

First Grade
Well yeah. Last census has 25% being de facto of all people living as "socially married". The stats are rising.

Perhaps it's in line with the decreasing attachment to the church ?
Call me old fashioned but I still see the purpose of marriage as a commitment of one person exclusively to the other. If you're not up for that then don't get married and have as many partners as you like.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Good point well made.

Dibs

Bench
i have heard some couples say they are getting flowers for a birthday party because they know as soon as the florist hears 'wedding' they will jack the prices up
My cousin booked a hall for his wedding but said it was for a party. On the night the hall owners realized it was a wedding got angry at my cousin for not telling them it was a wedding as they had quoted a party price and not a wedding one

Gronk

Staff member
Weddings are certainly rorts. Funerals are not much different.

The unsmiling assassins in black will hit the deceased family for 30 or 40 grand easy and without.much to show for it.

Last edited:

Ring Gids

Juniors
I challenge anyone to say they have not said something racist in their life. Whether that be pointing out a stereotype or actively hating on a race in the heat of a moment.

There are certainly fundamentally racist people in this country, i know many of them, doesn't make the entire country racist otherwise Pauline Hanson would already be the leader of the country!

Everyone's a little bit racist sometimes.
That doesn't mean we go around committing hate crimes.

https://g.co/kgs/IyCc0z

Ring Gids

Juniors
it would be fun if one person got a quote for party flowers then someone else got the exact same quote for a wedding then go to the florist with both quotes

It's a rort no doubt, but Brides and more importantly their mothers are tough to deal with. That's worth some sort of price variance (just not the amount extra that is charged),