What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
I've never heard of him
https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/
but I've seen plenty of political commentary talking about small hands.

Satirists more likely.

trump_small_hands.jpg

Did you know that Trump started it ? He mocked Rubio's big ears. LOL massive own goal that.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/donald-trump-marco-rubio-big-ears-2016-2?r=US&IR=T

Gronk

Staff member
Well the Swiss situation is hugely different because they have to do compulsory national service, amongst other things

True story.

My Dad was in National Service when he was in his 20's, so around 1946/7/8.

He was appointed to the Scottish Regiment in some sort of a lucky draw.

All was travelling well until there was an official gig and he was told the he had to wear a kilt. He and his mate refused to wear a kilt (no f**king way says the kid who grew up in tough as nails Chippendale).

They threw him in the brink until he changed his mind.

He spend the rest of "nashos" in custody which basically meant he was confined to barracks and sat under a tree smoking cigarettes for [?] months.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
True story.

My Dad was in National Service when he was in his 20's, so around 1946/7/8.

He was appointed to the Scottish Regiment in some sort of a lucky draw.

All was travelling well until there was an official gig and he was told the he had to wear a kilt. He and his mate refused to wear a kilt (no f**king way says the kid who grew up in tough as nails Chippendale).

They threw him in the brink until he changed his mind.

He spend the rest of "nashos" in custody which basically meant he was confined to barracks and sat under a tree smoking cigarettes for [?] months.
There's a lot to be said for not forcing merkins to be soldiers.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't see the problem. You want to throw stones? renovate your glass house or get thicker skin. Journalists putting shit on people should be prepared to have their faults exposed in return.
Well let the record show that you think that his mocking of the reporter is perfectly fine. You'll struggle to find any allies just saying.

200w.webp

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If mocking one adult for something they have no control over is fine then why is it any different to do the same to other adults?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If mocking one adult for something they have no control over is fine then why is it any different to do the same to other adults?
I get your point but rightly or wrongly, 'society' draws a line at mocking people's disabilities and therefore it is considered worse than mocking someone's hair, shoes, ears, small hands...

You aren't going to argue with 'society' are you?

Bazal

Post Whore
I also think that Trump leaves himself open to mockery with the way he reacts. Rightly or wrongly, the guy makes a huge issue out of small things (like the hands thing) and that is always going to generate more mockery

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I also think that Trump leaves himself open to mockery with the way he reacts. Rightly or wrongly, the guy makes a huge issue out of small things (like the hands thing) and that is always going to generate more mockery
Except putting shit on person for their looks (small hands, small dick, etc) is exactly what these bleeding hearts say is wrong. Is it wrong to fat shame a female celebrity because (Oh the poor children!) when hand- or dick- or height-shaming a male public figure would lead to the same insecurities in children?

Gronk

Staff member
Inauguration crowd

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Except putting shit on person for their looks (small hands, small dick, etc) is exactly what these bleeding hearts say is wrong. Is it wrong to fat shame a female celebrity because (Oh the poor children!) when hand- or dick- or height-shaming a male public figure would lead to the same insecurities in children?
Yes. There is an irony in that.

Gronk

Staff member
Spoken just like a bleeding heart. Life is confusing.

Bazal

Post Whore

Whatever the answer is it's not got much to do with what I said.

Whether the mockery is right or wrong the bloke reacts like a petulant teenager. It's always going to cause some people to mock him further.