What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't think that's from the real Donald Tramp
This is

83ffc139b8e7a7384ab19c059463ab81--donald-tramp-donald-oconnor.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
all the sensible people in America want to follow Australia's lead on gun control, shame the rednecks out number the sensible people over there

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The right to bear arms is as ingrained in their culture as cheeseburgers and Ned Flanders mustaches.

It would be virtually impossible for them to do what Howard did after Port Arthur.

Bazal

Post Whore
The right to bear arms is as ingrained in their culture as cheeseburgers and Ned Flanders mustaches.

It would be virtually impossible for them to do what Howard did after Port Arthur.

Not so much the right to bear arms as the radical perception of what that means.

It might have made sense when it meant you could have a musket in case you needed to revolt against an oppressive government, but it makes no sense now that people take it to mean "I can have an AR-15 because FREEDOM!"

It's a twisted place

Gronk

Staff member
Our boy Kim Beazley (former US Ambassador) reckons that they can shut it down once congress grows some kahunas.

Gronk

Staff member
That Bannon merkin basically said overnight that you'd have Las Vegas style scenarios all over, if they tried to disarm the rednecks.

stephen_bannon4-620x412.jpg

Bazal

Post Whore
TBH he is probably right. The rednecks would probably go postal

He's no doubt 100% correct.

I genuinely think there would be a not insignificant number of Americans who would see that as the exact thing the second amendment allowed them to bear arms for and who would essentially go to war with the government. Some of these people are utterly insane

It can be done, but it will take baby steps and probably wouldn't happen in my lifetime even if they started the process today

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah but I found the fountain of youth when I was doing some marine biology thing or other in Central America. So I've got at least another 107 years in me, presuming the government of that particular nation never find me....I am not on their Christmas card list.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
all the sensible people in America want to follow Australia's lead on gun control, shame the rednecks out number the sensible people over there
'Sensible people' just means people with the same appetite for risk as yourself. The Australian nanny state certainly suits some people.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not so much the right to bear arms as the radical perception of what that means.

It might have made sense when it meant you could have a musket in case you needed to revolt against an oppressive government, but it makes no sense now that people take it to mean "I can have an AR-15 because FREEDOM!"

It's a twisted place
Do you think muskets would be any use against corrupt modern police?

Latest posts