What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Bro there plenty who find themselves in a rental cycle. Paying rent and saving for a deposit, whilst trying to provide a safe environment for their family is very difficult.

When I left school a modest flat or house was 5 times annual salary. Now it is 17 times.

Not everyone are as fortunate as some. I have friends who have been on one income bc of their two kids have disabilties. Dad works two jobs but there is not much left after paying $650/w food petrol power etc.

I worry for them what will happen when they get to retirement age and still need to pay rent. He jokes and says that he may need to move to Asia. Don't think he is joking actually.

I feel for them as well. I was lucky enough to get in when it was easy and have been able to 'trade up' multiple times and now live in a very nice house in an excellent suburb.

Am I a financial genius? Nope - I just happen to have benefited from having a good job and buying my first home before housing affordability became a major problem.

Gronk

Staff member
I feel for them as well. I was lucky enough to get in when it was easy and have been able to 'trade up' multiple times and now live in a very nice house in an excellent suburb.

Am I a financial genius? Nope - I just happen to have benefited from having a good job and buying my first home before housing affordability became a major problem.
Yeah not rocket science when the property market has been on a 45 degree upward trend for 20 years.

However sometimes life throws curve balls and those who get shafted are not necessarily dole bludging gambling drinking smoking druggies. Merkins can slip through the cracks and we need to remember that and look after them.

Avenger

Immortal
Avie, you do know the cloud where you save your shit is physical don't you? It's just that you don't own it, you rent it from someone else (like Pou's house). Technically they can jack up the price or even take it away from you if they choose.
I know mate. I didn’t think it was floating in the air. It’s probably on a server in at Pou’s call centre in Bombay.

Gronk

Staff member
Avie, you do know the cloud where you save your shit is physical don't you? It's just that you don't own it, you rent it from someone else (like Pou's house). Technically they can jack up the price or even take it away from you if they choose.
Tell me about it. Boutique software that once used to be an upfront $$ is now monthly and your data is in their cloud. You thinking about switching programs ? Say goodbye to a decade of your data bc merkins in the cloud are not handing it over.

emjaycee

Coach
Tell me about it. Boutique software that once used to be an upfront $$ is now monthly and your data is in their cloud. You thinking about switching programs ? Say goodbye to a decade of your data bc merkins in the cloud are not handing it over.
I always recommend that people who are thinking of switching providers carry out backups/extracts of any data BEFORE they start discussions about leaving their existing provider. And of course, any contract signed should include conditions and obligations on the Service Provider regarding support for Transition Out activities.

hindy111

Post Whore
Piss off. Someone just gave me a hot tip on Dolorium.

Well you can keep your bitcoin, im drinking this magic water theat gives me eternity.

My unit is 52sqr mtrs... Shower leaks, tv signal drops out all time, intercom doesn't work. No air con. Blinds are all f**ked. And it cost me $500 a week

hindy111

Post Whore
Is it just me, or is Avenger a massive wanker?

Well..... My guess is he has worked real hard. I reckon he would be quite a generous man towards his friends and family. And always happy to help out.
He came from nothing so wonders if he could do it why couldnt others. But forgets he come from a family that cared and supported him. Something others may have not.

Also likes salty food and probably will die of a heart attack.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah not rocket science when the property market has been on a 45 degree upward trend for 20 years.

However sometimes life throws curve balls and those who get shafted are not necessarily dole bludging gambling drinking smoking druggies. Merkins can slip through the cracks and we need to remember that and look after them.

Dole budging druggies usualy come from poor families. I am not talking financially

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well..... My guess is he has worked real hard. I reckon he would be quite a generous man towards his friends and family. And always happy to help out.
He came from nothing so wonders if he could do it why couldnt others. But forgets he come from a family that cared and supported him. Something others may have not.

Also likes salty food and probably will die of a heart attack.
So, in other words a massive wanker :D

Bazal

Post Whore
Is it just me, or is Avenger a massive wanker?

Just cranky. And he seems to think what worked for him will work for everyone

Nothing wrong with renting, especially in the current market. I only bought a house because I was lucky. An opportunity came up to get something under market value in the hardest market in the country, and at 29 and separated I had quite a bit of spare money and no real assets.

If not for that I'd still be renting. I'd rather rent in a decent suburb than buy a shoebox cookie cutter house in one of the new suburbs

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
an opportunity came up to get something under market value in the hardest market in the country,

Canberra property really is a f**ked up market!! It is criminal what they do there by limiting the release of land to artificially increase the price.

Land should be cheap as in Canberra considering how much there is down there, yet it's so f**ken expensive!

Actually the price of land in this country is probably the main reason this country is becoming so unproductive in the world's economy. We have plenty of it, yet it's so expensive, thus it drives up the price of everything including wages.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I worry for them what will happen when they get to retirement age and still need to pay rent.
Given they won’t have kids to look after and no need to live near jobs I’d say rent will be an easy expense to cover in retirement. Passive income will pay for it, and if they’ve invested in income generating assets (rather than a home that is now probably too big) they’ll have a lot more to spend than a home owner.

Plenty of merkins will need to sell their homes in retirement.

Avenger

Immortal
I find it a little boring here.

Sometimes when I'm bored and in the zone I try and spruce it up. To the sensitive pussy losers out there in virtual land I have a proposal. Yours truly will take a break from this forum until either Jarryd Hayne officially returns to the mighty Parramatta Eels or Bitcoin reaches US$25K or the Eels win their 5th premiership.

Deal?

phantom eel

First Grade
I hear ya Avie - Happy Xmas and see you back in the new year when Jarryd announces his next move... after fleecing a final few monthly payments from the Titans. :eek:

Avenger

Immortal
I hear ya Avie - Happy Xmas and see you back in the new year when Jarryd announces his next move... after fleecing a final few monthly payments from the Titans. :eek:
Thanks mate. Not that I think you are a sensitive pussy loser. I was hoping to get a bite from Pou but he is probably too busy being evicted.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone or whatever applies and have a safe and happy new year.

0535365f7fa702500d08d38e611fc0e4

bitcoin.gif

1475139215617.jpg