What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Avenger

Immortal
Why the name calling?
Calm down man. You win yourself no favours by being so abusive.

Yes, it may well be about the risk, now, or lack thereof, but it should never have come to this. That was the govt's doing and yes, they have f**ked this up.
But Novak did himself a disservice by admitting errors, while trying to blame others for errors, with his visa application.
This whole saga should have relied on the technicalities, not the emotion, political grandstanding and media pressure.
He provided untrue information on his visa application.
That, in itself is enough for it to be rejected.
Your everyday Joe Blogg would be sent home all the time for the same reason.
Why should Novak be treated any differently?
It’s not part of the ministers decision. What part of that can you not understand? In hindsight he could have drawn a cock on the application. It doesn’t matter now. Now go and tuck in Gary and let the court do their work.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Have you still got your "back in black" coffee mug?
raw

Bandwagon

Staff member
There is no coordinated anti vaccination movement. And even if there was Djoković was not a role model for them until now. The Government made it like that, through their idiocy no matter what happens in court over the weekend!

Morons!!!

Regardless of the actual reason for removing his visa, the one given only serves to turn a poor situation worse.

What a bunch of incompetent turkeys.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Assessing it properly the first time around and avoiding an unneccessary, expensive court case and international embarrassment would have been a good start.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Incompetence is not only displayed in the poor manner in which a situation is handled after the fact, it's displayed also in the situation coming to the fore in the first place.

Gronk

Staff member
Assessing it properly the first time around and avoiding an unneccessary, expensive court case and international embarrassment would have been a good start.
Incompetence is not only displayed in the poor manner in which a situation is handled after the fact, it's displayed also in the situation coming to the fore in the first place.
100% he had no right to cross the border in the first place. The fact that TA sanctioned his tournament entry without checking with Home Affairs is a joke. The fact that Home Affairs knew that Novak was to board and said nothing is a joke. The fact that Novak didn’t ensure that his exemption documentation was not in order before he traveled is a joke.

BTW my wife saw on SBS a vox pop interview on merkins in Belgrade this morning. Old mate sent a message to Serbs who have relatives in AU and suggested that they should be disowned from the family. “You’re dead to me” is such a serb thing. ziveli 🥃 <>🥃

hindy111

Post Whore
My opinion won't be popular.
But I do feel he deserves special treatment as fo other sports stars and entertainers. They are here for a short period and provide plenty of entertainment. It isn't like they are coming to visit family or to work. They are entertaining 1000s or even millions.
Let's be honest if he tested negative and has the finances to pay for medical expenses if he did catch up needed hospital care then I do not see an issue at all.
I won't buy into this one rule for everyone. The rules ridiculous if ask me.

Perhaps the VISA or policy for unvaxxed need to be looked at in regards to superstars and the testing/isolation procedure.

Negative test / isolate for 5 days/ negative test/released/ min 250k hold fee for medical expenses.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
But I do feel he deserves special treatment as fo other sports stars and entertainers. They are here for a short period and provide plenty of entertainment. It isn't like they are coming to visit family or to work. They are entertaining 1000s or even millions.
Let's be honest if he tested negative and has the finances to pay for medical expenses if he did catch up needed hospital care then I do not see an issue at all.

Perhaps the VISA or policy for unvaxxed need to be looked at in regards to superstars and the testing/isolation procedure.

Negative test / isolate for 5 days/ negative test/released/ min 250k hold fee for medical expenses.
Novak has already provided more entertainment than he ever would if he played.

Gronk

Staff member

Fine, but you don’t make policy on the run. Likewise you don’t arrive at the border and expect special treatment.

100% he had no right to cross the border in the first place. The fact that TA sanctioned his tournament entry without checking with Home Affairs is a joke. The fact that Home Affairs knew that Novak was to board and said nothing is a joke. The fact that Novak didn’t ensure that his exemption documentation was not in order before he traveled is a joke.

BTW my wife saw on SBS a vox pop interview on merkins in Belgrade this morning. Old mate sent a message to Serbs who have relatives in AU and suggested that they should be disowned from the family. “You’re dead to me” is such a serb thing. ziveli 🥃 <>🥃
???? He had no right to cross the border in the first place? The minister has effectively conceded all of the points on which the visa was initially revoked.

In a radical reframing of the case against the Serbian tennis star, Immigration Minister Alex Hawke concedes the unvaccinated Djokovic entered Australia with a valid medical exemption and poses a low risk of contracting the virus while in Australia and passing it on to others due to his recent infection. The furious debate that had engulfed Djokovic for the past 10 days – whether a recent bout of COVID-19 provided him with a genuine exemption to travel to Australia without being vaccinated – has been abandoned by the government without Mr Hawke even reading Djokovic’s extensive submissions on the question.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/austra...-order-and-public-health-20220114-p59oex.html

They've just created a martyr out of the f**kwit.

strider

Post Whore
Fine, but you don’t make policy on the run. Likewise you don’t arrive at the border and expect special treatment.
He didnt. He did the things asked and arrived at the border.
Common sense says there is nothing wrong to let him in ... problem is common sense has been thrown out the window these days.

Latest posts