What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Avenger

Immortal
No. That's not what you said. You said this:

"It's not about if he is vaccinated or not, whether he will infect anyone or not. He is a queue jumper and made no sacrifices like the poor bastards had to endure in Victoria. His sense of entitlement is what pisses people off."

Your argument was about how he was seeking an exemption when everyone else has followed the rules. Those sorts of comments were very common at the time and in my view contributed signicantly to the Feds stepping in to try and address this perceived injustice.

Because they handled it so poorly many people (yourself included) chose to ignore that initial perceived injustice that many other tennis players have been quietly seething about and instead focused on the perceived injustice now faced by Novak at the hands of the Feds. However, the original injustice didn't disappear despite how poorly the government handled the situation.

Also, I wouldn't place too much weight on the court decision or pretend that issues related to Section 116 were not considerations that needed to be made. As others have flagged, the lawyers were looking for the quickest way to try and kill this off. Nothing more, nothing less. Relying on precedence as Gronk pointed out seemed to be their strategy.
Gary

My argument is about two different points in time. They hated him before he arrived based on him being a queue jumper and now they hate him even more because they used irrelevant stuff to make the government act. Which they did. However the government cannot use any of that stuff now to win their case. The court has to make a subjective assessment on how him staying or going may potentially incite some kind of riot.

And court matters are always run especially in defence with the path of least resistance. A technicality. It’s a court of law not public opinion.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Gary

My argument is about two different points in time. They hated him before he arrived based on him being a queue jumper and now they hate him even more because they used irrelevant stuff to make the government act. Which they did. However the government cannot use any of that stuff now to win their case. The court has to make a subjective assessment on how him staying or going may potentially incite some kind of riot.

And court matters are always run especially in defence with the path of least resistance. A technicality. It’s a court of law not public opinion.
Agree with that.

...and if he does go and there is a riot I predict it will be a pretty pissweak one.

Avenger

Immortal
Agree with that.

...and if he does go and there is a riot I predict it will be a pretty pissweak one.
But how do you measure that ? The argument on either side is weak.

meanwhile …..

‘The hearing was fairly administrative, with the only dispute between the parties being whether Mr Novak’s case is heard by a single judge of the court tomorrow, or the full court of three judges.

If the case is heard by the full court, Mr Hawke will have no avenue to appeal any decision made.

Justice David O’Callaghan has advised he will make a decision on that matter today.’

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
But how do you measure that ? The argument on either side is weak.

meanwhile …..

‘The hearing was fairly administrative, with the only dispute between the parties being whether Mr Novak’s case is heard by a single judge of the court tomorrow, or the full court of three judges.

If the case is heard by the full court, Mr Hawke will have no avenue to appeal any decision made.

Justice David O’Callaghan has advised he will make a decision on that matter today.’
Measure what? Whether a riot is pissweak?

84 Baby

Referee
Gary

I thought they hated him because he is a Serb?

Happy MEel

First Grade
Measure what? Whether a riot is pissweak?

giphy.gif

Avenger

Immortal
…and that’s understandable mate, but with that being the case, perhaps lay off calling the rest of us f**king dopes, sheep and a disgrace.
I called you that because most don’t understand the process of what happened but the comment above yours doesn’t add weight to your request.

strider

Post Whore
He’s an anti vaxxing arrogant penis.

A lot of Aussies have suffered a great deal over the last 2 years yet this c**k snot thinks he can just waltz in and the rules don’t apply to him. Well f**k him, boot the merkin.
Annnd we're back to the everyone just wants a pound of flesh situation ... which is what 99% of it is

Avenger

Immortal
Avenger seems to have a clear, level headed and unbiased understanding on what’s happening.
I’m confident my views and understanding will be reflected in what happens by hopefully 3 judges during their summing up tomorrow. Regardless of the result. That’s not important anymore. This has been a monumental f**k up and the world is watching/laughing.

Latest posts