What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Tomorrow is fittingly 1 April. He said one year that he was going to put a jumbo under the Harbour Bridge. Qantas pilots were aghast. Merkins were getting hot under the collar. Politicians were saying that it was endangering lives. Dick Smith said he would do it with a chopper, but never with a jumbo FFS. Dougie said he didn't give a rats arse.

After a week of milking it he did it. He put a jumbo under the bridge in front of thousands around the harbour, and flipped the middle finger to all the haters from the week before.

A elephant on a barge.

Funny sometimes, he enjoyed the toilet humour a lot.

He was a celebrated musician and songwriter and retired too early:

He was also extremely humble and generous and as a result never fully accepted by his media peers.

He loved jazz.

Will be missed.

Last edited:
Greetings from the new fish tank at home:

9815F201-AFEC-46AA-B9B0-C17B940B5BDC.jpeg

We’ve already had to try to stop “Herbert” the starfish from climbing out and trying to slime his way back to the shop.

I worked with a guy who spents 10s of thousands on a huge tank.

He then bought a $10 sea cucumber n put it in tank. It got sucked into the filter, spat out toxic shit and killed everything in tank.

Appreciate the advice very much.

This is our first dive into it (pun intended).

So far, we probably haven’t parted with more than $1,500.00 on the mates rate.

979F8685-730B-4A44-B7C3-D6491FC68C2D.jpeg

Herbert’s made his way up to the top again.

I’m sure I’ll wake up one night with something cold and slimy sponging it’s way across my face.

I still have no real idea why we have a salt water fish tank in the lounge room, but so long as I get my sponge, I’ll be ok.

Last edited:
*Chocolate

I did think of a refuge for baby crocs.

I had some miniature turtles once, but the guy lied to me, they started growing and I had to buy a bigger tank.

Any unfortunate aquatic plant would be lucky to see the day out.

The kids got scared of them.

They cost a fortune to feed.

It all got out of hand and so we donated them to featherdale wildlife park.

hindy111

Post Whore
I did think of a refuge for baby crocs.

I had some miniature turtles once, but the guy lied to me, they started growing and I had to buy a bigger tank.

Any unfortunate aquatic plant would be lucky to see the day out.

The kids got scared of them.

They cost a fortune to feed.

It all got out of hand and so we donated them to featherdale wildlife park.

Man why don't you just buy plastic fish. So much less work.

strider

Post Whore
When i was a little kid we had 2 goldfish. Tough as nails.

They survived a car trip from melbourne to sydney sloshing in the back of the car. Lived another 10 years. Tank had no filter. Water straight from tap full of flouride, chlorine and whatever other chemicals they put in water.

Eventually died. Got new fish. The weak little pissants just died, repeat with more fish, over n over ... none were as tough as goldy and blacky.

When i was a little kid we had 2 goldfish. Tough as nails.

They survived a car trip from melbourne to sydney sloshing in the back of the car. Lived another 10 years. Tank had no filter. Water straight from tap full of flouride, chlorine and whatever other chemicals they put in water.

Eventually died. Got new fish. The weak little pissants just died, repeat with more fish, over n over ... none were as tough as goldy and blacky.

Sounds like the wests Tigers as a club.

Living in the smug player catchment, I can hear the dulcet tones of an unattended car alarm tonight.

Hard to get to sleep without this gentle rhythmic melody, that sounds like… “ home”

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I worked with a guy who spents 10s of thousands on a huge tank.

He then bought a $10 sea cucumber n put it in tank. It got sucked into the filter, spat out toxic shit and killed everything in tank.
Apparently they expel their internal organs out through their anus and regrow new ones later. Here's a picture:

sea-cucumber-sea-cucumber-lifestyle-and-habitat-9-300x195.jpg

Latest posts