What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Chipmunk

Coach
I completed the Auschwitz-Birkenau tour today.

Must say it really hits hard when you see the photos of some of the victims especially all those innocent kids that got murdered for no reason.

Anyway it was good tour to finally complete and get a better understanding of what went on there and see it with your own eyes it's very humbling but also harrowing to think what it would have been like to been there.

You just can't imagine it.
I've done a few of these things types of tours over the years. Dachau in Munich, Killing Fields and S21 in Phnom Penh Cambodia. Also some war related things in Vietnam that are similar but different. The experiences are very similar. I think having been to Dachau before Vietnam and Cambodia meant you knew what to expect and wasn't as big a shocking experience. I found it difficult to comprehend that Cambodia was actually in my life time.

Chipmunk

Coach
Hearing pub steaks down Canberra are record highs

I remember pre-COVID one of my local pubs did a $15 steak or snitzel (with a pint) on a Tuesday night. We never missed. They don't do the steak any more, but I think the Snitzel is still $20. I don't go these days, mainly due to the people I use to go with either moving away or busy with kids.

I am at the Bledisloe and I sware Taylor “Make some noise “ is doing ground announcements here.

I would have thought she we be at the finals tonight

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Having a few at Black Flag brewery in Mooloolaba. Style and over substance. If you are going to name yourself after such an important band, then don’t play vanilla pop punk dog shit. Give me the first Stooges album you mincers!

hindy111

Post Whore
Having a few at Black Flag brewery in Mooloolaba. Style and over substance. If you are going to name yourself after such an important band, then don’t play vanilla pop punk dog shit. Give me the first Stooges album you mincers!

What's a beer cost you up there?

Funny thing here is craft beers now cost very similar to a standard beer.

hindy111

Post Whore
I just paid $9.50 for a schooner amd after she poured she says to me. It's happy.hour you could.of had a pint for.the same.price.
Ummm Thanks

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
three-stooges-family-album.%7Bformat%7D

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just paid $9.50 for a schooner amd after she poured she says to me. It's happy.hour you could.of had a pint for.the same.price.
Ummm Thanks
It's like how 24 McNuggets are cheaper than 20. They got me a few times but now I have a post it note on my dashboard to remind me.

Eelogical

Referee
This reminds me, I have to give the Brouhaha brewery in Maleny a go. Last time I dined out up the coast it was at Bribie Island rissole club. The Juicy Lucy burger was good.

IMG_2118.jpeg

Latest posts