What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Penrith games

panthersam

Juniors
3 the Addo-Carr break was all him

It would be four if you count his cold drop in the first half, the drop when Johnston passed him the ball and him losing control of the ball when the grubber was put through when it was challenged. Poor Sauce must have been having nightmares again when he saw JAC get the ball with some much space.

franklin2323

Immortal
It would be four if you count his cold drop in the first half, the drop when Johnston passed him the ball and him losing control of the ball when the grubber was put through when it was challenged. Poor Sauce must have been having nightmares again when he saw JAC get the ball with some much space.

I counted that drop. Scores if he holds it
The JAC break
The pass to Johnston

panthersam

Juniors
I counted that drop. Scores if he holds it
The JAC break
The pass to Johnston

Yep, the fourth then being not cleaning up the grubber at the end of the game.

Unfortunately for Saucey I think he will eventually find himself back in NSW Cup to finish his career.

betcats

Referee
That game just shows how valuable it is having a fullback that can ball play

Yep watching Pap and Latrell really shows how much the best fullbacks add on the attacking side of things. I really can't see Dylan lasting beyond this season as our fullback, the attacking part of the position is to important, you cant just be a good defensive and support fullback anymore, you need to be good at these things but you also need to be able make a pass and break the line.

betcats

Referee
A couple of years ago I thought Damien Cook was the greatest thing since sliced bread but last season and last night he has been really underwhelming IMO. He looks great when he gets a chance to run but he isnt half the footy player Api is. His service is average and he just doesnt have the smarts of Api.

Souths will be a dangerous side whenever they hold the ball but they wont finish in the top two and they wont get through the prelim finals with those errors and that defence.

Melbourne looked ridiculously good at times last night, they were made to look a bit better by some woeful defence but they will finish first or second this year. I think we saw a little bit of them missing Cameron last night, at half time he would've taken over and got them through that second half much more comfortably.

Lastly Benji played 60 mins in the IsaaH Yeo role last night, took me a while to figure out but that is why he got out there for so long. He did it well except for his complete lack of a running game. Yeo gives us a ball playing lock who will average over 100m a game and he comes up with breaks and half breaks often, I wouldnt swap him for any lock in the game right now.

panthersam

Juniors
A couple of years ago I thought Damien Cook was the greatest thing since sliced bread but last season and last night he has been really underwhelming IMO. He looks great when he gets a chance to run but he isnt half the footy player Api is. His service is average and he just doesnt have the smarts of Api.

Souths will be a dangerous side whenever they hold the ball but they wont finish in the top two and they wont get through the prelim finals with those errors and that defence.

Melbourne looked ridiculously good at times last night, they were made to look a bit better by some woeful defence but they will finish first or second this year. I think we saw a little bit of them missing Cameron last night, at half time he would've taken over and got them through that second half much more comfortably.

Lastly Benji played 60 mins in the IsaaH Yeo role last night, took me a while to figure out but that is why he got out there for so long. He did it well except for his complete lack of a running game. Yeo gives us a ball playing lock who will average over 100m a game and he comes up with breaks and half breaks often, I wouldnt swap him for any lock in the game right now.

I am starting to feel the same way about Cook, his outstanding plays due to his speed have started happening a whole lot less the last few years and outside of that he seems pretty average at most of the other aspects needed for the position. In my opinion Api is the far more well rounded player, and wouldn’t look out of place in that NSW number 9 jersey especially with Nathan in the team, but I also know that Cook seems to still be an automatic selection in these teams like no other option is available.

betcats

Referee
I am starting to feel the same way about Cook, his outstanding plays due to his speed have started happening a whole lot less the last few years and outside of that he seems pretty average at most of the other aspects needed for the position. In my opinion Api is the far more well rounded player, and wouldn’t look out of place in that NSW number 9 jersey especially with Nathan in the team, but I also know that Cook seems to still be an automatic selection in these teams like no other option is available.

After that series loss we just copped I'd be putting every spot up for grabs including Fitlers.

WestyLife

First Grade
After that series loss we just copped I'd be putting every spot up for grabs including Fitlers.

We both know that won't happen. Media darling Cook won't lose his spot. At best Api will get a bench role. Sucks but players often aren't picked because they're the best they are just the favourite.

betcats

Referee
We both know that won't happen. Media darling Cook won't lose his spot. At best Api will get a bench role. Sucks but players often aren't picked because they're the best they are just the favourite.

Probably you are right but if they are going to pick them both Api starting and Cook on the bench makes a lot more sense. Api's defence and combination with Nath and Cooks speed coming on late in the half. It would work well.

Jane Murray

Bench

Also, Cody Walker should not be picked either. He is a rubbish player, in my opinion.

WestyLife

First Grade
Probably you are right but if they are going to pick them both Api starting and Cook on the bench makes a lot more sense. Api's defence and combination with Nath and Cooks speed coming on late in the half. It would work well.

I like that. Cook at tired defenders would be good.

Also, Cody Walker should not be picked either. He is a rubbish player, in my opinion.

Yep crumbles under pressure every time. Benji had to save them last night says it all.

panthersam

Juniors
Cody Walker pretty much reflects how the team he is in is going, if his team is dominant and on the front foot he looks like a superstar but if he is playing in a team that is behind or on the back foot he barely looks like he should be in first grade.

betcats

Referee
Cody Walker pretty much reflects how the team he is in is going, if his team is dominant and on the front foot he looks like a superstar but if he is playing in a team that is behind or on the back foot he barely looks like he should be in first grade.

I think he is a pretty good player but man I cant stand him simply cause he is such a whinging grub on the field. Jamming his elbow into someones face every time he is involved in a tackle.

The_Frog

First Grade
If Cook was ever getting dropped it would have been after game 3 2019, when he and Cordner made appalling defensive errors to allow Queensland to draw level with 3 minutes left. It took Mitchell Pearce's finest ever moment in the blue jersey to save them.

Frequently gets away with murder in the hold-down too. Got away with a flop and a hold down on Crichton last year in the PF shortly before the Edwards try.

Jane Murray

Bench
I like that. Cook at tired defenders would be good.
Yep crumbles under pressure every time. Benji had to save them last night says it all.
Cody Walker has played 117 first grade games, 4 games for NSW, 1 each for the NSW Country and Prime Ministers XIII sides. Nathan Clearly, has played 100 first grade games, and 8 for NSW. Cody is aged 31 and Nathan 23. That speaks volumes.

WestyLife

First Grade
I hope dogs and Broncos win. Will be fun to see the bottom of the table scare the crap out of everyone.