What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Penrith games

mxlegend99

Referee
How long do the dogs persist with Barrett? I don’t think Pay ever started a year 0-6
It's hard to believe after his success coaching our lower grades and Sea Eagles. Honestly the only player good enough to make Barrett look remotely decent was Tommy Turbo.

betcats

Referee
Id normally give any new coach two years but wow they are bad

Yeah they cant do basics right.

Their draw is sharks, roosters, Parra, Raiders. They will likely by 0/10 I mean if that does happen you cant just keep hoping it will turn around. I am pretty sure Vossy said the last time they started 0-6 was inb the 1960's, 0/10 would be all time.

BxTom

Bench

Their draw is sharks, roosters, Parra, Raiders. They will likely by 0/10 I mean if that does happen you cant just keep hoping it will turn around. I am pretty sure Vossy said the last time they started 0-6 was inb the 1960's, 0/10 would be all time.
So who wants to run the Barrett bingo. How many weeks left?

betcats

Referee
So who wants to run the Barrett bingo. How many weeks left?

hahah I will say at some point during the origin period he will come under serious pressure.

It would be a big move to fire in the first year that is the only thing that might save him, the cost and how desperate it would make them look.

The_Frog

First Grade

They lost the first 7 in 1964, drew the 8th with Wests. First win not until round 14.

franklin2323

Immortal

While true is a 1st grade coach responsible for teaching NRL players the basics though?

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't think Barrett will come under scrutiny until next season - He's inherited an absolute shit fight so I'm sure they'll give him time for results (with the new players who have signed for next year).

But, it is the Bulldogs, so who the f**k knows what those dickheads will do.

It was Trents decision to take on the job, but was always going to struggle with the roster he inherited. There spine just isnt competitive against most of the other sides. He has a lot of players of contract at the end of this season so he deserves to be given time to re-shape the roster and be judged on results in 2022-2023.

WestyLife

First Grade
It was Trents decision to take on the job, but was always going to struggle with the roster he inherited. There spine just isnt competitive against most of the other sides. He has a lot of players of contract at the end of this season so he deserves to be given time to re-shape the roster and be judged on results in 2022-2023.

This. Half of them know they're gone next year.

Kilkenny

Coach
This. Half of them know they're gone next year.

Possibly as many as 10 of the 15 off contract won’t be there next season.

I thought Dallin had a decent game for them on the weekend back at fullback this past two games. He really is a goer Dallin, but as it turns out just lacks pace. Always gives his all, but you wonder how much time he has left in the NRL once his current deals ends next season.

betcats

Referee
I don't think any coach has ever told Hetherington to take off a players head. They have some absolute dropkicks in that squad

He knew what he was getting with Heathro and he had a chance to recruit better for this season and next, outside burton I don’t think it’s going to improve much next year. They are going to have a lot of money tied up in outside backs and halves.

When I say basics I mean sticking to their defensive structure, finishing sets off with a decent kick, getting to the kick etc they just don’t do anything well.

Kilkenny

Coach
I would have no problems with Jack getting his marching orders on the weekend if there was even the slightest semblance of consistency around such tackles. The fact is there is absolutely no consistency and Jack was sent from the field because of his reputation, deserved or otherwise. It is a joke, whether you like or dislike Jack, is irrelevant he is being treated differently based on a reputation built upon some of his indiscretions in his early Panthers appearances some of which were not as bad as have been made out.

Latest posts