What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Queensland Cowboys property deals in the spotlight

Canard

Immortal
Saw a "real estate expert" on Facebook saying he looked at Bohle Plains on google maps and can safely say if they got the properties for anything under a miilion then there's been a rort :lol:

Tell him I'll sell him mine for 750k then

Maybe the fact that Andy Raymond said this would be 10/10 on the WTF scale is the reason it was 10/10 on the WTF scale. It's the most meta scandal of all time.

POPEYE

Coach
Only people who think every player's investment should such come under such close scrutiny are salary cap fanatics . . . praise be

Canard

Immortal
I look forward to Fairfax running the next article which details the property, including houses, cars, boats and other items facilitated via sponsors and club personnel.

It should be written in a snarky tone that implies its cheating and disclose property addresses.

bottle

Coach
Pfft, Cowboys.
Can't overcome outrageous refereeing blunders, can't organise a decent rort.

I'd go far as to say they couldn't organise a rort in a brothel.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
bit late on this one but wow.

I was expecting some fine print stuff-up or a minor 3rd party infringment through mis management not blatant rorting (the usual stuff that jornos love to label as "scandels") but geez.

beave

Coach
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.a...e-for-properties/story-fnjfzsax-1227461435399

435319-a10a2508-358d-11e5-8996-1850b37d48c6.jpg

COWBOYS players purchasing property at Bohle Plains do not appear to have received deals and paid within market value, property records show.

While paying less than $200,000 for a block may seem cheap to those from Sydney or Melbourne, Townsville’s developments often provide more value for money.

Property records show that in Bohle Plains, where at least seven players have bought blocks, the median price of a land was $146,500.

The median price paid by the players in the suburb was $165,250.

Most blocks were purchased for between $129,000 and $176,000, with sizes ranging from 520sq m to 680sq m.

436300-8d184da4-358d-11e5-8996-1850b37d48c6.jpg

A North Ward apartment block where high-end sales are common. Picture: Fiona Harding

Questions were also raised over Johnathan Thurston’s 2008 purchase of a high-end apartment in North Ward for $800,000

But similarly sized units in the same building sold within the same price range, with one selling for $810,000 less than two months later. While some apartments in the same building have sold for more than $1 million, they are much larger and are penthouses.

Co-captain Matt Scott and his wife bought a commercial warehouse unit built by Lancini Constructions for $700,000. But reports that the couple then tried to sell the property three weeks later have been unconfirmed with local agents saying the property has not been for sale in years.
-------------------------

Hopefully this puts the whole issue to bed for good.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I wouldn't be surprised if idiot city journos saw those prices and thought it was dodgy because it is cheap by Sydney standards.