What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Queensland Cowboys property deals in the spotlight

DiegoNT

First Grade
I was actually going to say this earlier, if anything the players have been dudded.

The Bohle for f**ks sake?

So a Cowboys power broker has been losing players money, yet most of the clubs key players ( taumololo and Morgan the most recent) keep getting involved with him?

butchmcdick

Post Whore
I was actually going to say this earlier, if anything the players have been dudded.

I think they prefer northern beaches nowadays

The Bohle. Where empty jim beam bottles are used as decorations around the house

Canard

Immortal
So a Cowboys power broker has been losing players money, yet most of the clubs key players ( taumololo and Morgan the most recent) keep getting involved with him?

I've no idea about the financials and the benefit thereof.

But I can tell you, from first hand evidence, that the property market is going backwards in NQ.

And Bohle is a semi-industrial suburb that goes underwater everytime someone pisses upstream of it.

Put it this way your hard earned would give you a much better return in SEQ, Sydney or Melbourne.

Lambretta

First Grade
That was bizarre, how could you call this a 10 out of 10 WTF moment?

It was a 10 out of 10 on a different WTF scale. They tried to make sensational news out of something that was investigated by the NRL more than 2 years ago

10 out of 10 for Why The f**k did they bother scale

beave

Coach

It's not the Bohle you are thinking of.

Think Herveys Range Rd 2kms up from the stadium, take a right into the new estate. Its actually pretty nice in there.

Lambretta

First Grade

He said he was giving financial advice
He didn't say the advice was any good for the people taking it

I'm sure it's excellent advice from his point of view :sarcasm:

If a block of land was up for sale near where I lived, I'd f**king well know if it was priced correctly or not

If you don't understand your local area's value you're not paying attention

Local property prices are about as popular a pastime as watching the footy in Australia

Mate a block of land in any given estate can vary by hundreds of thousands of dollars depending on size, block shape, street frontage, location within the estate etc etc. It's all irrelevant now but the article just said that x property in x suburb was bought for x amount. No way you would know if it's the correct price just by that info alone.

Canard

Immortal
It's not the Bohle you are thinking of.

Think Herveys Range Rd 2kms up from the stadium, take a right into the new estate. Its actually pretty nice in there.

Fair enough.

And Im sure its very nice, but it would be a stretch to call any property in NQ a "good investement" compared to down south.

By the way Ive got a place not far away that is very nice, Its yours for $400k if your interested, PM Me :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
If the players were smart and did the numbers they'd probably find that it is more profitable to rent in Townsville while putting their money in investment properties in the major cities.

harboo

Juniors
things that would be 10/10 on the WTF scale for me:

• - dragons instilled as favourites to win this weekend
  • - paul gallen & nate myles announce they are leaving their families to start a new loving relationship together
  • - cameron smith announces he's leaving to start up MMA
  • - sam kasiano announces he's really michael jackson in a fatsuit
  • - nigel plumb signs on as new calvin klein model
  • - roosters announce they have developed a local junior
  • - toovey to join hasler at belmore
  • - soward signs with cronulla to be closer to steve price
  • - wayne bennett to head back to newcastle
  • - warren smith announces he will no longer be biased during games
  • - ray hadley to call entire matches whilst sucking from helium balloons
  • - broncos home games not on friday night next year
  • - paul mellor announces NRL comeback with the titans
I love the one HA HA about the Rorters juniors after all they do have four junior clubs to pick from

beave

Coach
Fair enough.

And Im sure its very nice, but it would be a stretch to call any property in NQ a "good investement" compared to down south.

By the way Ive got a place not far away that is very nice, Its yours for $400k if your interested, PM Me :lol:

Prices have plateaued/gone back to 2007 prices.

Early to mid 2k's Townsville was a great investment. I bought a townhouse on Kern Bros Dr and over a 2.5 it went up a considerable amount when I sold it, Im not going to reveal amounts/brag though. The GFC and Mining downturn has stopped the progression of the town, but its not on its pat malone.

POPEYE

Coach
You've got to be kidding anyone hoping to get mileage out of this 'revelation', absolutely nothing wrong with investment, especially for athletes with a limited shelf life. I'm positive I had a similar scenario amongst the list of many alternatives Waldron could have adopted . . . Bruno, Nick and Co will be rolling their eyes

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If they had done that 5 years ago they would have a return of like 20 percent which is a pretty sweet deal. I wouldn't go barging into Sydney's real estate market right now though.

Lambretta

First Grade
Mate a block of land in any given estate can vary by hundreds of thousands of dollars depending on size, block shape, street frontage, location within the estate etc etc. It's all irrelevant now but the article just said that x property in x suburb was bought for x amount. No way you would know if it's the correct price just by that info alone.

In Sydney....... maybe

Up there? Plus, local people would probably know the developments in question and would know what the blocks were selling for

A block overlooking the swamp wouldn't differ much from the one overlooking the cane toad highway up there.

When I bought my first place - a house in a development, all the houses were listed in a range
3 bedroom houses $425,000 to $450,000 and 4 bedroom houses $525,000 to $550,000

If someone bought one for $350,000, we'd have all wondered who they were shagging

Last edited:

Usain Bolt

Bench
Saw a "real estate expert" on Facebook saying he looked at Bohle Plains on google maps and can safely say if they got the properties for anything under a miilion then there's been a rort :lol:

beave

Coach
$450k would get you a decent house with a pool at Kalynda Chase/Bohle Plains. A mil would get you a mansion.

Latest posts