What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Queensland Cowboys property deals in the spotlight

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
The reality is, to get players to sign to play in dumps like Townsville, Canberra, Newcastle or Melbourne, they have to be bribed big time. No self respecting person would choose to live there without a massive financial incentive.

They'd have to offer me two houses and a $600,000 sign on fee.

5/10 troll there.

Not bad but needs improvement.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
The reality is, to get players to sign to play in dumps like Townsville, Canberra, Newcastle or Melbourne, they have to be bribed big time. No self respecting person would choose to live there without a massive financial incentive.

They'd have to offer me two houses and a $600,000 sign on fee.

We have enough prostitutes already

elyod138

Bench
@badel_cmail: Breaking: NRL will not investigate cowboys over alleged property deals involving chairman laurence lancini. Full stort cmail online

@Tiger_CMail: NRL had already cleared the Cowboys of any property related cap breach.... IN 2013! They audited purchases and found all above board.

Canard

Immortal
We have enough prostitutes already

Expect they all look like the drummer from Iron Maiden!! :)

w5xnp34.jpg

Eion

First Grade
Can't wait for JTs press conference on how this is a NSW conspiracy and the NRL are a pack of cheating merkins.

Anyhow, as DJ says, back to banning fifita for life for bashing an under 12 ref while being filmed in high res.

Johnnie Red

Juniors
So the big scandal is players buying property from a property developer they know....very suspicious indeed :roll:

This scandal was so weak that Cowboys fans didn't even need to bring out the NRL conspiracy card.

Shorty

Staff member
So the big scandal is players buying property from a property developer they know....very suspicious indeed :roll:

This scandal was so weak that Cowboys fans didn't even need to bring out the NRL conspiracy card.
Well, I'm puzzled as to why something that was investigated in 2013 was making news?

MarkC

Juniors
No, not for mine. If they have broken the rules they deserve to be punished.

Because people keep cheating isn't a reason to get rid of something.

Yep, and deserve anything that comes our way.

Yes, I know what you are saying...

But I have always thought the rules are badly flawed.

People should not cheat.... especially when there are perfectly legal ways of achieving the same thing.

In this case the salary caps system doesn't work, no one seems to know how to fix it, and we seem to get these scandals on a regular basis.

You may need to punish the cheats, but longer term we need a better system.

We don't know total income from all sources for players at each club, that is effectively nothing to do with the salary cap as in reality well connected clubs can pay players what they want.

Since it isn't and will never be a level playing field, what does it actually achieve?